Can a convicted murderer make guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drebin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And dont forget, all of you might soon be felons under the proposed gun laws unless you give up your guns.

Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.

Do you believe that the debt is paid?

Completely unjustifiable homicide results in a debt that can never be paid. You could possibly redeem yourself by later directly saving thousands but you're still in debt.

Why should a felon, even a violent felon, have his Right to Keep and Bear Arms infringed?

I don't think the issue is just any felon but murderers. They don't really have rights at that point because they have demonstrated a complete lack of compasion and respect for others. They are not anywhere near responsible enough for anything really. You don't get rights when you do horrible things like cold blooded murder for literally no reason what so ever.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the issue is just any felon but murderers. They don't really have rights at that point because they have demonstrated a complete lack of compasion and respect for others. They are not anywhere near responsible enough for anything really. You don't get rights when you do horrible things like cold blooded murder for literally no reason what so ever.

Would that pass strict or even intermediate scrutiny? Post-McDonald, its arguable that the laws pertaining to barring or limiting (violent or non-violent) felons' access to firearms can no longer stand upon rational basis since the Right to Keep and Bear Arms was recognized as fundamental.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That we shouldn't start the same topic in 3 different places....

Seriously though, a felon convicted for domestic abuse, armed robbery, intent to wound/kill, ect, of course they should have zero access to weapons.

But someone convicted on a non violent, not gun related charge, I don't see how he has demonstrated a propencity for firearms violence...

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That we shouldn't start the same topic in 3 different places....

Seriously though, a felon convicted for domestic abuse, armed robbery, intent to wound/kill, ect, of course they should have zero access to weapons.

But someone convicted on a non violent, not gun related charge, I don't see how he has demonstrated a propencity for firearms violence...

Zero access for how long? The rest of their lives?

Why are they out of jail if they're so dangerous that they can't be trusted?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure that Carbine Williams' floating barrel would have still come into existence without him necessarily being the one to invent it. People have the same ideas all the time.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To answer the title of this thread, Can a convicted murderer make guns?
Yes he can, it is just another felony for him/her to do so.
Should they? already discussed at length!

Could they ever?? Well I know a manufacturer who I will not name because he would kill me :teach: but he got his felony expunged 10 years after he served his time which is now legal in many instances, He then applied for his FFL Manufacturers license and got it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom