Can or Intermediate range Ar upper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YHM 7.62 QD or SPRish AR upper

• YHM 7.62 QD

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • SPRish upper

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
55g to 62g bullets from a 7.5" 1/8 twist barrel should be clocking around 2400-2500fps and stabilized. You would see a ton of posts on here asking why does my AR pistol keyhole if short barrels couldn't stabilize the round.

01whtcobra

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found this on ar15.com

Can any firearm be suppressed?
Well, that answer is relative. I could technically suppress a revolver and reduce the amount of gas and noise coming from the barrel, but the amount of gas and noise that emits from the cylinder gap makes this a fruitless endeavor. People seem to always pose the question about suppressing a shotgun as well. Again, technically you could build a suppressor for one but it would be so large and cumbersome it would have no "tactical" advantage or usefulness. You also run into the problem of only shooting slugs (to prevent massive baffle strike by the buckshot pellets) or coming up with some type of multi-ported interior barrel inside the suppressor.

Barrel length also plays a HUGE part of suppressor effectiveness. Remember that the shorter the barrel the less complete the gases burn causing a greater "combustion" outside the muzzle. When these unburnt gases hit the first 'chamber' of the suppressor the more it heats of the can. The more it heats it up the less effective it becomes. There is also the greater chance of wear/damage to the suppressor with the super high temps and pressure (think of a 'plasma cutter' )

Generally, most pistol suppressors can handle the temps of any standard size pistols. Although reliable cycling of the weapon becomes an issue depending on the design of the action. AR style carbines/rifles are best suited for barrels longer than 11.5". Some manufactures will not warranty their products on the "short barrels" such as 7.5" and 10.5" due to the problems that can result from them. I have no experience with these types of setups (although I'm saving up for one in the near future!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom