Canoeing in OK Lakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an outlaw. I refuse to put those big ass numbers on my little ass kayak. I register, pay the tax, and put the tag sticker on it....but I draw the line at putting the stupid hull number on a gotdang kayak. It's asinine enough we have to tag them in the first place. Why? Am I going to drunkenly paddle over someone and kill them, and the lake patrol will have to track me down? Tagging makes sense on a power boat, but only Oklahoma would think a 40 lb piece of plastic needs a tag. Douches. We should tag swim suits too, and tennis shoes. Land and water conveyances. Douches. Did I say that already?

Even the tag guy laughs at me "Hey, did you hear you have to tag both halves of your 2-piece paddle now?" Yeah, regular Buddy Hackett you are.

I'm taking a stand.

[Broken External Image]

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an old aluminum canoe in the backyard that I need to tag for that very thing. I've been thinking about making some slide out pontoons like they sell so I can take the little one and not be so rocky. Kids can't hold still.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
harbor freight has the truck bed extender for around $40 and it makes hauling a canoe a breeze. I have had mine out at thunderbird in some of the coves and it was a good time. Although I do need to put a trolling motor on it for when the wind picks up. One guy in a canoe on a windy day is no fun at all.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
harbor freight has the truck bed extender for around $40 and it makes hauling a canoe a breeze. I have had mine out at thunderbird in some of the coves and it was a good time. Although I do need to put a trolling motor on it for when the wind picks up. One guy in a canoe on a windy day is no fun at all.

I hear ya. Problem is most of the keel (if you have one on your canoe) is out of the water, and the wind pushes you around. I have a keel, and put the trolling motor battery in the front, along with some big rocks from the bank before taking off. It helps a little.

I have mine registered, and hate the thought of putting the stickers on it, but I hear the fine can be quite hefty.
I think I got my truck bed extender from Harbor freight, so we are talking about the same thing.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 12ft kayak for pond fishing and hitting the smaller lakes. Had a nice warden inform me without a citation, that all vessels must be registered. I grew up in FL where only powered vessels require registration.

Latest posts

Top Bottom