car audio questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to you all. We are a little afraid to pull off door panels and possibly cut out for speakers so probably won't do a self install.
Soonerbulldog, why upgrade the alarm?
I will check audio extreme. Have been talking to a guy about a deal on equipment and install, but will definitely check out shops mentioned.
What about specific brands. Any suggestions?

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clifford is my suggestion. Most factory alarms won't go off unless door is unlocked. Put on a proximity sensor. I was robbed twice before. Sucks but it's bound to happen if you let it was the lesson I learned.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should be no need to cut out for speakers unless you go for a larger than factory size. Crutchfield will usually send adapters if needed to fit the speaker into the factory location as well as a splice for the wiring. Literally plug and play, in fact one of the things they tout is the ability to replace the system on a lease vehicle and not void the lease as you can replace the factory stuff when you're done.

As far as the alarm if your going to put money into a stereo system it makes the vehicle that much more of a target for theft. And there is going to be people lining up to take that nice new stereo off a thief's hands. If there is no alarm currently then anything will be a deterrent, but an alarm is only as good as it's components and how hard it is to get to the siren and other parts. I put buried mine so far in they will need one of those inspection camera's or a sledgehammer to find it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom