Car Crashes Into OSU Homecoming Parade, At Least Two Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Multiple injuries at the OSU Homecoming in Stillwater.
Witnesses say the car crashed into the crowd at high speeds.

STILLWATER, Oklahoma - We're told three people are dead and several others are hurt at the Oklahoma State University Homecoming Parade Saturday. A vehicle ran into the crowd causing multiple injuries and at least two fatalities.

The Stillwater mayor has confirmed the three fatalities. The mayor reports two people are in critical condition and 27 have been taken to the hospital. Eight helicopters in all responded to the scene.

Witnesses tell News On 6 it was terrifying as a car crashed into parade watchers at high speed. The car was not part of the parade but was on Main before crashing into the crowd at the intersection with Hall of Fame. A police motorcycle unit was also hit, according to reports.

No word yet on the driver of the car or why it crashed into the scene. Witnesses say the scene was very chaotic, with victims everywhere - men, women and children.

Von Castor, News On 6 storm chaser, was at the scene and had participated in the parade.

"A car barreled through barricades and into the crowd where the parade was ending," Castor said. "It was an absolute horrible scene. I don't know what the fatality count is, but I did see two fatalities."

OSU's homecoming weekend festivities are said to be among the largest in the nation, with tens of thousands attending various events every year, including the annual Saturday morning parade.

The University tweeted: "Oklahoma State University is saddened by the tragic parade incident earlier this morning. Our thoughts & prayers are with those affected."

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My prayers for all involved. Very sad that someone had to do this being under the influence. Maybe this state will crack down on drunk drivers. I know they don't 100% that it was alcohol but I am sure it was. It always takes something like this to get something done. The pokes have been through enough.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NewsOK.com is reporting that the driver was a 25 year old "clearly intoxicated" woman. Not an OSU student. What a terrible incident. Prayers sent

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter knows one of the kids that was hit. Rumors are circulating that the girl who did it told a friend she was going to do it. All morning it has been talked about being intentional. She never hit the brakes.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
25-year old Adacia Chambers is who ran them over. No prior records and also not a student at Osu.

Prayers to the victims and familys

Latest posts

Top Bottom