Car Setup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtyler05si

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I searched and didn't find any threads of the like.
So, post how you deal with CC in your vehicle. Post pics if you have them. I suppose I will start:
I mounted the OWB holster that came with my Springfield XD in my console and installed a lock. The console latches close and to unlatch it you just push forward and with enough force it unlatches and throws open. It does it's job.

ai281.photobucket.com_albums_kk212_jtyler05si_IMG_0836.jpg

ai281.photobucket.com_albums_kk212_jtyler05si_IMG_0835.jpg

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't worry to much when in I'm in my car.
If it get's in the way I take it off and shove it in the console.
I have a car safe for when I need to leave it in the car alone.

JJ Hiryuu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats actually really slick. I always just threw it in the center console. Kinda took up a lot of room I could be using for spare change, AC chargers, mp3 player etc. The holster idea would keep scuffs and scratches off too. Mind if I ask where you got the holster from, or is it just a standard fobus type you ran screws through?

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats actually really slick. I always just threw it in the center console. Kinda took up a lot of room I could be using for spare change, AC chargers, mp3 player etc. The holster idea would keep scuffs and scratches off too. Mind if I ask where you got the holster from, or is it just a standard fobus type you ran screws through?

The XD comes with a holster from Springfield, it's just a cheap plastic OWB holster really.... I've seen this done before and I'm tempted to do it in my car as well.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like your console idea. I have a friend that mounted a similar holster in the door panel, but it is not very well hidden, and has no lock other than the door lock. Your setup seems to be a much better idea, and is still reachable if necessary. Thanks for the great idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom