Car/tow Dolly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a tow bar or 2 you could use..again far from you
I towed my mother-in-law's porsche from dallas to Moore ok at night years ago with my 82 mustang
that had a 200ci inline 6... all the way with a chain at 65mph down the highway.
I hated that 924

Road Runner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the pathfinder is set up to flat tow, I would not hesitate to use that option. I have flat towed my wrangler over 20K miles over the last 5 years without issue. Jeep includes instructions on how to properly flat tow in the owners manual.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I asked because the D20 in my 71' bronco splash lubes itself from the tranny turning it. So when flat towing, the rear drive shaft needs to be disconnected, didn't know what the Pathfinder setup was. If you flat tow, I'd try it a weeks prior and make sure it handles like you want, before it's time to head south.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built a tow dolly years ago from steel tubing flat steel 1/2" tread palte and front spindles and hubs from a drum brake nova.
The rented dollies would turn and were not wide enough for ford vans.
And when i used a rented one on my 1956 belair it crushed my front fender!!! crap!
My buddies 1955 got the same treatment..

I sold it many years ago for 150 bucks....
Basically a solid axle with toung and ramps.
I had to disconnect 1 tie rod and unlock the steering and she would pull great.
I have a trailer now and love it.
Homemade from a 1956 truck frame .

If you had some steel laying around and could weld or have a buddy that does near by.....

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked because the D20 in my 71' bronco splash lubes itself from the tranny turning it. So when flat towing, the rear drive shaft needs to be disconnected, didn't know what the Pathfinder setup was. If you flat tow, I'd try it a weeks prior and make sure it handles like you want, before it's time to head south.

It's the same way with the Pathy. Nissan says not to flat tow the automatics and only towing slow short distances with the manuals. But they don't mention if you disconnecting the drive shafts if its was ok.
I'm still looking into my options, my buddy might let me borrow his excursion. If he does ill just out it in a flat trailer.
Out of all the times I don't own a 3/4 or 1 ton truck....
I HATE TOWING WITH 1/2 TON!!!!!
I'm thinking buying the Suburban was a bad idea lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom