Carcano questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth110

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the community registered earlier today and you post caught my attention, I also have a carcano. I can tell you from your picture that the stock has been cut off at the forearm and kinda hard to tell but the barrel looks cut off or replaced if it even can be. The 6.5 carcano is a very crude action or at least all of the ones I've ever shot. But to answer your question as long as the barrel is clear and the action seems sound I would give it a shot. If your in question take it to a gun smith safety first!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is a carcano cavalry carbine in 6.5. The bayonet has been removed and so has the lug for it. The bayonet folded under the barrel. It was made in 1941 at Gardone.

This is what it originally looked like:
i251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo1157.jpg

i251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo1156.jpg

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted in your other thread. But will repost here. I seem to remember the bullet diameter for the carcanos is different than other 6.5s. So if you reload you might do a little research before buying bullets. Kind of thinking they are larger....

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I posted in your other thread. But will repost here. I seem to remember the bullet diameter for the carcanos is different than other 6.5s. So if you reload you might do a little research before buying bullets. Kind of thinking they are larger....

You are right. They are .268" diameter. Hornady makes (or DID) a round nose bullet for it. I haven't gotten serious yet about searching for reloading equipment and components, until I know whether it's gonna' get shot at all, or enought to justify buying everything needed to load it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom