Carpet Opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
stained floors.jpgstained floors 4.jpgstained floors 3.jpgstained floors 2.jpghere are the pics I promised, sorry it took me a little longer than expected.

Anyways, these really show the unique color and style, with variable coloration which looks really, really good in person.

Let me know what you think?

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies OSA. The stained concrete looks great and alot better than I envisioned. If we decide to go that route I will definitely get back to you guys. As of right now, my wife likes the frieze style carpet made by Karastan(Mohawk) and wood laminate around the french doors. My concrete sub will be starting the footing this morning so we still have plenty of time to decide.

We have most of our sub contractors lined up but still open to considerations on drywall, roofing and carpet installers.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies OSA. The stained concrete looks great and alot better than I envisioned. If we decide to go that route I will definitely get back to you guys. As of right now, my wife likes the frieze style carpet made by Karastan(Mohawk) and wood laminate around the french doors. My concrete sub will be starting the footing this morning so we still have plenty of time to decide.

We have most of our sub contractors lined up but still open to considerations on drywall, roofing and carpet installers.
If your having a new house built, try to get them to NOT nail the cleats for wall support 2X4 in the floor of the room/rooms that will be stained. Most of the time when the concrete nails are pulled they pull up concrete and then you have an are that needs to be filled and the stain looks a little discolored in the patch areas.
Who's your builder? I worked construction in Tulsa area for around 9 years.
Also let your concrete finishing guy know that the house slab is going to be stained concrete.

Latest posts

Top Bottom