Carrying NFA tax stamp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iratus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have found them, let me know. I have only found one other indoor range that allows full auto fire between OKC and the Texas line. And every range (indoor or outdoor) I have ever fired full auto on has asked to see paperwork of one form or another.

Even had the local sheriff show up at one shoot on private land.
Did I HAVE to show him the paperwork? Probably not.

Had Highway patrol show up when a couple of friends and I were doing a "battle rattle" along a creek bank. No idea how they got called and I'll give them props for walking into the area not knowing what was going on. They eyeballed the situation, asked a few questions and left. There weren't any full autos there, but I'm sure it sounded like it.

I don't have a problem showing my Forms. These things are hard enough to get and the costs are thru the roof. I might be proven "right" later on, but only after my firearms have potentially mishandled and damaged.

Easy to say "go to court and sue".
Not as easy to do.
Even more of a challenge is to prevail.
I couldnt tell you on that, I dont shoot full auto like ever as far at suppressor, sbr shooting, big boys is friendly, wilshire has been friendly, banner was friendly when the old man was there but I havent been in a longtime. I had a logan county sheriff come out to my property when I was killing barrels accusing us of full auto, he was actually pretty cool after a bit but was still bs. at the end of the day asking so see a tax stamp is a violation the 4th amendment and can only be asked by an IRS agent or ATF agent. I would of thought wilshire would be full auto friendly since the machine gun club is there. Not changing the subject but there needs to be more ranges that are friendly to full auto, reloads etc.

TWR

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was some talk a few months ago that ATF had the ability now to let local LE work with them. Basically they can ask local LE to act as ATF agents and ask for your paperwork. Not sure where this settled but it doesn’t hurt to be nice and show them a copy.

If they insist on the original, they will have to wait till the bank is open to get into my safe deposit box. But all E-file is PDF now. My last suppressor was given to me with a copy printed off the computer from the dealer and I got a copy of the approval on PDF from ATF.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never been asked, and don’t carry paperwork. If an LEO request paperwork I have a digital copy on hand that can be emailed. If needed they call the ATF to verify the serial numbers.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my one form 4 from 2010 I made a 1/4 size copy of and laminated it. the form 1's that were e-filed are all printed out with a copy of the SBR and suppressor shrunk down and folded up and in the grip on my AR, if I use the can on something else then a copy is in my ammo bag, and for my sbs I keep a small copy in my wallet or truck cause its my go to in state travel gun.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my one form 4 from 2010 I made a 1/4 size copy of and laminated it. the form 1's that were e-filed are all printed out with a copy of the SBR and suppressor shrunk down and folded up and in the grip on my AR, if I use the can on something else then a copy is in my ammo bag, and for my sbs I keep a small copy in my wallet or truck cause its my go to in state travel gun.
I was talking about this a couple months ago in this thread! It's still genius

Lucky

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No sir, you cannot loan it out. The registered owner (individually owned) or trustee (trust owned) must be present. You can let someone shoot it in your presence, but they cannot take it away with the paperwork.
Anyone you have listed in your trust can use it. As I understand it, I had two other people listed in my trust and I supplied each with copy of the trust to have with them during use. This is how it was explained to me from Silencer Central.

Latest posts

Top Bottom