Carrying while wearing gym shorts or running pants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A SmartCarry is ideal for this type of clothing. IWB is my preferred method of carry but is not practical/possible in some situations. A J-frame in a Smartcarry or a pocket holster covers about 99.9% of those situations (for me at least).

Here is a link to a similar discussion a few months ago:
http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61433

The SmartCarry got quite a few mentions there.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My usual year 'round off duty attire is just that - a plain T-shirt and cotton twill "volley" shorts. I do have a few pair with belt loops for "dressing up" when Mrs GED and I go somewhere nice. :rolleyes2

Like I've said a gozillion times, my Smith & Wesson J frame model 38 Airweight Bodyguard rides in a DeSantis "Nemesis" (for now) perfectly in the front pocket.

I've always said the very best pocket holster I ever owned was the Milt Sparks PCH...

[Broken External Image]

I had one with my 442, but it went with the revolver when I sold it a little over a year ago. :grumble:

But, I found one over on Glock Talk just the other day! :woohoo1: It was a little over a C note, but it had the shark front, which is another 30 bucks on top of the already $80 price tag as well as another 10 or 12 bucks for shipping. I also avoid the 6 month wait - it should be here next week! :w000t:

Dustin98SS1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A SmartCarry is ideal for this type of clothing. IWB is my preferred method of carry but is not practical/possible in some situations. A J-frame in a Smartcarry or a pocket holster covers about 99.9% of those situations (for me at least).

Here is a link to a similar discussion a few months ago:
http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61433

The SmartCarry got quite a few mentions there.

Wow, that thread starts out almost word for word like mine. I knew I had read part of a thread somewhere but couldnt remember where :doh: Thanks for the info ;)

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Keltec P3at with a blackhawk IWB holster. I just since the draw string up a bit and stick in about 1-2 oclock. If that is to much I still have the pocket clip on the gun. I can carry with gym shorts and a white undershirt. No one can tell. This is my typical summer about ready for bed choice when the wife says, "honey we need milk."

HowardCohodas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The SmartCarry is my EDC. Any holster carry is a compromise among many goals. My primary goal is deep carry because of the attitudes toward guns of my family and social circle. It is completely comfortable for me carrying an M&P 45fs along with a spare 14-round extended magazine. The draw is slower than other methods, however if speed is my goal, my BUG (LCP in DeSantis SuperFly in front pants pocket) will do the trick.

Pictures may help visualize.

ai274.photobucket.com_albums_jj274_HowardCohodas_Gun_20Stuff_MP45FS_Procyon_Side.jpg

ai274.photobucket.com_albums_jj274_HowardCohodas_Gun_20Stuff_MP45FS_Procyon_SmartCarry.jpg

ai274.photobucket.com_albums_jj274_HowardCohodas_Gun_20Stuff_LCP_20Stuff_BUGandLight.png

HowardCohodas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOw do you sit and drive with all the hardware down the front of your pants?

B

No problem. Have driven for 8-10 hours (with pit stops) without difficulty. You may notice the ClipDraw attached to the M&P 45. I sometimes use it to "holster" the M&P at 10 o'clock. This prevents having to sweep the steering wheel to defend against the most likely direction of threat while driving, the driver's side window.

Charlie gives you 60 days to decide if the SmartCarry works for you if you buy it directly from him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom