Cashion: 65yr old woman becomes aggressive toward officer---refused to sign ticket and was tased

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am wondering what good a stinger with no ball on it is?

Some agriculture trailers slide over that and a large pin with smaller keeper pin is used to keep large pin from bouncing out. I used to pull tandem cotton trailers or peanut trailers that hooked up like that.

To add to Oklahomabassin's post, time was pickup bumpers had 1 or 3 holes in the bumper in that thinner part of the bumper where the license plate is located.

A trailer would have a clevis type hitch similar to the image below. Note the two holes lined up, one above the other.

1803060_45.jpg

Once the trailer hitch was located with the top part of the clevis above the hole in the pickup's bumper and the lower part under the bumper, then the hitch pin (similar to the pin below) is inserted through the three holes. Hitch pins were made with different sized shafts so that one could use one close to the size of the three holes so that there was little "play" in the hitch and pin.

7e9a238d-72d7-4325-a2a4-1f161f8a8ce7_1.40482746791d45229cc2f80921ae5e1f.jpeg

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To add to Oklahomabassin's post, time was pickup bumpers had 1 or 3 holes in the bumper in that thinner part of the bumper where the license plate is located.

A trailer would have a clevis type hitch similar to the image below. Note the two holes lined up, one above the other.

1803060_45.jpg

Once the trailer hitch was located with the top part of the clevis above the hole in the pickup's bumper and the lower part under the bumper, then the hitch pin (similar to the pin below) is inserted through the three holes. Hitch pins were made with different sized shafts so that one could use one close to the size of the three holes so that there was little "play" in the hitch and pin.

7e9a238d-72d7-4325-a2a4-1f161f8a8ce7_1.40482746791d45229cc2f80921ae5e1f.jpeg
Yup. We pull our hay rakes, balers, mowers, feed wagons etc. with a receiver hitch without a ball if we are transporting em somewhere behind the truck.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They didn't even come with rear bumpers until you picked one out at the dealer, you had to pick out which one you wanted based on the "drop" height you needed for the ball lol. Back in the day :)
From what I've seen of em, they usually had the dealers info on em. Not just a lil sticker on the tailgate like you see nowadays.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I saw on a local Piedmont Facebook page, her truck was backed into by a combine.
Makes sense! I was trying to think of what farm equipment would clear the bumper after Blake pointed out the hitch. Combine would definitely do that damage.

Don't ya know she's gonna kick her husbands ass a second time for backing into her truck again now.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, now I think they've raised felony larceny to $1000. I think that was YUGE mistake, as well. I'm not for decriminalizing obviously bad behavior. We're not talking about stealing a candy bar or a pack of smokes. $1000 is a pretty damned high bar, if you ask me. But then, they DID ask me, and I got outvoted by the public.
Even when it was $500 some people who stole cars still were only charged with a misdemeanor because of the vehicle's value. Criminals can step up a bit now and get air conditioning!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makes sense! I was trying to think of what farm equipment would clear the bumper after Blake pointed out the hitch. Combine would definitely do that damage.

Don't ya know she's gonna kick her husbands ass a second time for backing into her truck again now.
He probably knows the saying "cheaper to keeper" is bull manure now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom