Cashless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They build the fee into the price of the food.

Here’s a reality check for you anti-cashless folks.

Why would a restaurant that hires folks who can’t get a job making above minimum wage want to deal with cash?

The restaurant risks loosing more money by employee theft or walk in thieves than cashless.

What are the thieves going to steel if there is no cash?
Bingo!

Cashless is purely to prevent theft, whether by employees or external. Maybe I am the oddball but I think it is a smart move. Plus most people under 50 don't even carry cash so the amount of business they lose is negligible.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the places I go love cash, and I feel certain that the clientele typically work for cash...

Once again, they may not speak the best Engrish, but they have mud on their work boots and seem pretty confident using traditional pronouns, so...

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the places I go love cash, and I feel certain that the clientele typically work for cash...

Once again, they may not speak the best Engrish, but they have mud on their work boots and seem pretty confident using traditional pronouns, so...
They may have their work boots on but are they paying the appropriate taxes for getting paid in cash? All should pay what is owed and I bet they don’t if getting greenbacks for work.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They may have their work boots on but are they paying the appropriate taxes for getting paid in cash? All should pay what is owed and I bet they don’t if getting greenbacks for work.
You're probably right. And since a bunch of them are probably illegal, that's all they can do is work for cash. I wish we were all illegal.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no doubt that an all cash business evades taxes by not showing all the revenue they receive. On the flip side, I bet they don’t pay the bills in cash and write off every penny of expenses.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They build the fee into the price of the food.

Here’s a reality check for you anti-cashless folks.

Why would a restaurant that hires folks who can’t get a job making above minimum wage want to deal with cash?

The restaurant risks losing more money by employee theft or walk in thieves than cashless.

What are the thieves going to steel if there is no cash?

Well, they've been known to take pictures of people's credit cards.

Nothing is fool proof, but most sporting events I've been to lately don't take cash. Probably the last 6-8 PGA events were cashless. The Paycom center is cashless. Lots of places are cashless for exactly the reason you state. If I was in charge I wouldn't want my employees handling cash if they were pulling beer at a stand with no good way to inventory the stock. 8 bucks goes in the till, 8 bucks goes in their pocket and so on and so forth. It's temp employees, it's hard to get people with above average morals to take those jobs.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I beg to differ on the negligible! The one food truck I dealt with on cashless changed their tune fast! Only took them a day to realize they made a mistake. They are now accepting green and are happy to do so.

Voting with your money is the strongest thing to do.

So Guthrie Green here in Tulsa has a food truck event every Wednesday in the summer. I'll bet half of them are cashless. Somewhat difficult for a food truck to bring a $1000+ bank every day for change. Granted if I were doing it, I'd take cash all day long.... BUT.... y'all are acting like business are failing because of this and it's not so. Here in Tulsa anyways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom