Cashless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same/same, but different. People talk all the time about how good Burgess Grill is in Lawton. Never been because they're cash only.

Some of the best places I've ever had a meal are cash only. Most of them barbecue, but some small burger joints as well. I'd much rather pay cash to a locally owned restaurant than pay with plastic at a corporate chain.

Different strokes for different folks. I'll drive out of my way to eat at a locally owned place before I'd stop along the way to eat at a chain. If all they take is cash, that ain't an issue for me.

I'm not a big fan of cashless, but I understand companies not wanting temp employees or whatever handling cash. It's not a deal breaker for me either way.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the best places I've ever had a meal are cash only. Most of them barbecue, but some small burger joints as well. I'd much rather pay cash to a locally owned restaurant than pay with plastic at a corporate chain.

Different strokes for different folks. I'll drive out of my way to eat at a locally owned place before I'd stop along the way to eat at a chain. If all they take is cash, that ain't an issue for me.

I'm not a big fan of cashless, but I understand companies not wanting temp employees or whatever handling cash. It's not a deal breaker for me either way.
I get that. There are a few regular haunts I go that are cash only. A BBQ shack in a residential alley in Chickasha. Really good BBQ. And Oklahoma's best hamburger shack is cash/check only--Boomeramg in Hollis. (Not the Boomerang Diner chain) Truly, an excellent burger if you have two hours to kill for dinner. We take dominoes with us while they cook em one at a time.

I guess I make an effort to have cash on me when I travel, but not during an average workday.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get that. There are a few regular haunts I go that are cash only. A BBQ shack in a residential alley in Chickasha. Really good BBQ. And Oklahoma's best hamburger shack is cash/check only--Boomeramg in Hollis. (Not the Boomerang Diner chain) Truly, an excellent burger if you have two hours to kill for dinner. We take dominoes with us while they cook em one at a time.

I guess I make an effort to have cash on me when I travel, but not during an average workday.

If the barbecue joint was Roy's they've been closed for a couple years now. Old man retired and nobody wanted to carry the torch. Has been rumored to be reopening since it closed, but last time I drove past it the place was dark.

Edit to add, if it wasn't Roy's what's the name of the place??

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the barbecue joint was Roy's they've been closed for a couple years now. Old man retired and nobody wanted to carry the torch. Has been rumored to be reopening since it closed, but last time I drove past it the place was dark.

Edit to add, if it wasn't Roy's what's the name of the place??
It was Roy's. Haven't been since before the scamdemic. Those loaded tater skins were next to none.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don’t like cashless either. But I’m amazed a company willingly reduces their profits by the amount of the cashless bank fee?
They build the fee into the price of the food.

Here’s a reality check for you anti-cashless folks.

Why would a restaurant that hires folks who can’t get a job making above minimum wage want to deal with cash?

The restaurant risks losing more money by employee theft or walk in thieves than cashless.

What are the thieves going to steel if there is no cash?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom