Cashless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew a guy that was cash only business ,pretty sure what he made and what he told uncle Sam he made were two different things.

I almost never have cash but I think all business should take all legal tender
It is interesting to note that the statement on bills reads “Legal tender for all DEBTS, public or private” and not “Legal tender for all business transactions, public or private.”

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get that. There are a few regular haunts I go that are cash only. A BBQ shack in a residential alley in Chickasha. Really good BBQ. And Oklahoma's best hamburger shack is cash/check only--Boomeramg in Hollis. (Not the Boomerang Diner chain) Truly, an excellent burger if you have two hours to kill for dinner. We take dominoes with us while they cook em one at a time.

I guess I make an effort to have cash on me when I travel, but not during an average workday.
Crazy. I keep bout $500 cash in my pocket all the time. Often good deals pop up and ya gotta have cash to make them happen. The owner at the Board of Trade Saloon in Nome was talking to me about financial responsibility 42 years ago. He pulled a big money roll out of his pocket that had a rubber band around it. He said “Let the rubber band be your money manager. If you ever reach in your pocket for cash to pay for something and all you pullout is a rubber band then you messed up and you’re flat out broke. You never wanna have a broke rubber.”

That advice has worked well for me.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It needs to be mentioned that most teenagers today don’t know how to count or make change for cash. They just stick the change in their pocket, because the customer owes them for having to work.
Had a McDonalds drive through employee initially not give me my $3.00+ change from a $20.00. When I called her out on it, she looked at me funny and asked me “You really want your change back?” I told her, “If you don’t want your manager involved, I better get every penny of it back.” She gave it to me, all pissed off. I still pulled into to a parking space and went in and talked to the manager.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a McDonalds drive through employee initially not give me my $3.00+ change from a $20.00. When I called her out on it, she looked at me funny and asked me “You really want your change back?” I told her, “If you don’t want your manager involved, I better get every penny of it back.” She gave it to me, all pissed off. I still pulled into to a parking space and went in and talked to the manager.

Karen? Karen, is that you?

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn’t say that but glad you interjected your perspective.

Do you think restaurants lose more money by theft or a credit card fees? Theft is my answer.

I was questioned on an application that if taking home a pen from work was considered theft. I answered yes.

Got the job btw.
I was talking to an Air Force OSI agent one day. We were talking about that very subject. I'd just had one of my troops documenting all the stuff an acquaintance had self-packed for his upcoming PCS to Keesler AFB, Mississippi from Incirlik AS, Turkey. He worked at Base Supply. Had 5000 of the little gold frames that go on certain military ribbons. Two 20 ton aircraft bottle jacks still in their NSN-marked packaging. Several parkas, and the dry-nitrogen filled bunny boots they use in Antarctica. Boxes of wrenches and other hand tools, enough to stock a very well-equipped 6 or 8 bay dealership maintenance shop. Also the Base Commander's Croquet set. With his name on it!!! And dozens of boxes of GI pens.

Kid was investigated 5 or 6 times for missing property. In a one-year tour. Had a Turkish wife, so could have converted an unlimited amount of Turkish Lira into dollars. The stupid was very strong in him.

Anyway, that evening, I went home and collected all the GI prns and markers I had... came to a box and a half. I lived on base, wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. But they all came back to work that next day. One of the other guys I worked with had nearly 4 boxes. With a dozen per box...

Not worth the risk.

Though the OSI agent said they wouldn't have prosecuted over a handful of loose pens. Said he probably had a box or so at his house. Empty the pockets when you get home, and change clothes, and forget to pick them up again in the morning....

Sure... ;) But they inventoried EVERYTHING!

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's pretty darn comical how I read posts every day on this site complaining about illegal aliens taking over the country. Yet, the same complainers seem to be OK with them working for cash and not paying taxes on that income.

Choose the side of the fence you want and stick with it.
"...consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..."

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cashless is the future! (Credit Cards & Debit Cards)
Retail Stores must have change every day.
Owner or manager goes to the bank, one to two times a day. (Must place change order 24 hours in advance)
Or pay to have change delivered and deposits picked up.

1711220076306.png

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never carry cash. I’ve found that when I used to carry cash I’d spend more money and never had any Idea what I spent it on. I also don’t go places where I’m expected to tip. I figure if a restaurant doesn’t want to pay their staff, then they should raise prices or close their business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom