CC in State Parks question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm planning to go on a camping fishing trip at Waurika, I might stay there for 2 nights. I've already looked at http://www.shopoklahoma.com/waurikalake.htm for info but can't find anything about carrying firearm law there. From what I've hear Waurika is also a U.S Army Engineer Project, I'm not sure whether if Waurika is a state property or Gov. property. I don't want to make any mistake about it and of course I don't want to end up in jail because carry firearm into a state owned property. I need some input, thanks in advance.

UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES

A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Section 1290.1 et seq. of this title, to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:

d. any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this subparagraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You missed subsection B...

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:

4 Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

What this says CCW in the park fine but any building that would be prohibited in subsection a is still prohibited, even though it resides within the boundaries of a park which is specifically excluded by statute.

Don't walk into the ranger station or park administration offices carrying.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you, yes I missed out section B.

You missed subsection B...

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:

4 Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

What this says CCW in the park fine but any building that would be prohibited in subsection a is still prohibited, even though it resides within the boundaries of a park which is specifically excluded by statute.

Don't walk into the ranger station or park administration offices carrying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom