CCW License with NO shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What you say makes sense to me. Of course, there are some who think this is just looking for a problem, but I've found that problems don't need a lot of help to find me.

Oh, well. Each to his own way of thinking

I'm just very surprised that some of the current instructors in-state, as well as legislators, haven't gotten involved. I guess there are a lot more heavy issues to be concerned with.

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a Non-Res Utah CCW permit to carry in Oklahoma.

I see no valid reason to pay more for my constitutional right to protect myself than I absolutely need to. Non-Res Utah or Oklahoma CCW permit... we all operate under the same rules in Oklahoma under the SDA.

TKNO1015s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know for certain that there is one instructor in this area who does NOT require students to take the shooting portion. His classes are about 2-3 hours long and he leaves it up to the individual whether or not they want to shoot.

Right or wrong, I know this is done. I know 3 people who took his class.

Please PM me with the name and location, I can assure you his class would be checked.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As an instructor I have never had anyone NOT want to shoot. Then again I have never given that option. As for class length, Mine always run at least 8 hours. Many run 10 and I have had them run as long as 12.

The reason for the classes running long is range time. I always offer the option to "stay after class". Once the required course of fire is complete, I will work with any student interested to improve their accuracy, will teach them to draw from cover or just about anything else they wish to practice or discuss.

I am fortunate in that I have a private range and am able to spend as much time as needed with them to make them as comfortable as possible with their pistols at no cost to them or me (I don't charge a range fee).

I have been instructing this course since the first year SDA was enacted and I don't see any way to get through the required classroom material in 2 hours. so I assure you something is beng cut short. The students are paying to be educated and need to get their monies worth.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As an instructor I have never had anyone NOT want to shoot. Then again I have never given that option. As for class length, Mine always run at least 8 hours. Many run 10 and I have had them run as long as 12.

The reason for the classes running long is range time. I always offer the option to "stay after class". Once the required course of fire is complete, I will work with any student interested to improve their accuracy, will teach them to draw from cover or just about anything else they wish to practice or discuss.

I am fortunate in that I have a private range and am able to spend as much time as needed with them to make them as comfortable as possible with their pistols at no cost to them or me (I don't charge a range fee).

I have been instructing this course since the first year SDA was enacted and I don't see any way to get through the required classroom material in 2 hours. so I assure you something is beng cut short. The students are paying to be educated and need to get their monies worth.

If I didn't already have mine, I'd be coming to see you. Quality counts!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading all of this, I'm thinking I might want to ALSO get the nonres Utah license in addition to my OK permit. Are there any states that don't recognize OK but do recognize UT?

Latest posts

Top Bottom