CCW Suggestion for my wife please?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so will the flashbang work with a "bro" , ok so i mean to be humorous however i dig it ! the first rule is you have to have it on you to use it. and the young women demostrating it was extremely fast for a novice .

flashbang is pretty inovative to say the least .

stay safe good luck
elance

TDH1988

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W hammerless revolvers are great for anyone in my opinion. Not alot of moving parts, not alot to go wrong with the weapon. 5-6 shots. point and shoot. Crimson Trace lasers are also a good investment for this gun as your eye has relation to the laser, allowing you to know you are on target. I personally am not a fan of guns with external safeties. I have seen it tested in high stress situations, and even men forget to turn it off....There are those who are so proficient with the 1911 style weapon like Eric Fuson that it is natural and never causes an issue. Perfect practice makes perfect. I highly recommend TDSA's Advanced Concealed Carry Class. This is an absolute eye opener to the reality of a violent encounter. To sum it up...you get to truly find out if you were being attacked can you get your weapon OUT, UP, and on target and stop the threat before it stops you..

Good luck with your choice and be safe

STWshooter87

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, great job supporting her! Kudos for the fact your wife even has a CCW. My wife won't even breathe around a gun. :(

Second, I know you've probably already gone through this exercise but I recommend before getting a weapon, help her decide her carry method, rent some guns that will fit her hand (AND REVIEW THEM), take some tactical training classes, and come up with a feasible rig that will be SAFE for your kids but realistic for her to carry. Make sure you consider when and where to carry and consciously decide what that scenario will look like, perhaps a change in wardrobe is in order. I completely agree with everyone recommending not to carry a loaded weapon in the purse that can be removed from her care easily. And an attacker can close a 21 foot gap in 1.5 seconds plus those little precious children of yours are worth extra effort to protect them from rummaging through her purse and pulling that trigger. They *will* find a way. All the best my friend.

IMHO, glock girl, clarkbe9980, TDH1988 and zoomaster are saying the same things I've worked through in my own mind when considering that day when my wife changes her mind.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a Kahr p380 from the classifieds here since i have a p45, we'll both have the same basic gun in different caliber so if anytime TSHTF she'll be familiar with whichever is closest to her. I am liking the flashbang holster, going to see if they can make one for the p380....thanks for all the help folks!

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let your significant other pick it out...take her to the store and let her fondle, shoot, hold, and decide on what she wants to carry...I did this for my wife and she ended up picking a Sig P238 in Rainbow because it felt good and it was "pretty" but guess what...she has had it on her every day for over a year now....

Latest posts

Top Bottom