Cell booster needed for a metal building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good boosters aren't cheap. Avoid the cheap junk on Amazon and eBay. They cause more problems than they are worth. Make sure you follow the directions and get the antennas sperated. https://www.weboost.com/ makes good products that support most carriers.
We use WeBoost in our RV and in the vehicle while on the road. To the OP, if you see vehicles going down the road with a weird looking antenna with a big oblong blob on top of it attached to a mirror, etc, its the long range WeBoost antenna. Lots of truckers and fleet users are using this now. We typically use the magnetic small antenna that attaches to the roof with a cable running through the door seal as the major highways around the country rarely have bad service. This system just boosts cell signals. It's not carrier specific so if you use verizon, AT&T, Sprint or whatever it boosts their signal.
We bought the system that has the kit for the car and for the RV. The RV model has the long range antenna externally as well as the long range transmitter inside. I can sit in the living area while the wife watches stuff on her ipad in the bedroom.
The RV park we stay at in Colorado has almost zero cell service. Most folks have to drive to town to get some signal to make a call, etc. We don't have to do that.
The cabin we stay at in New Mexico to elk hunt has zero cell service inside. There is one little spot in the driveway where one can stand to make a phone call. At -10 to -20 degrees below zero, the conversations don't take long. I took the WeBoost to the cabin and we all got cell service inside. It wasn't the best as its only a cell amplifier. If the signal is terribly weak, it can only do so much.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well lets put it this way, I mainly use it as a link shortener, the links half the time are extremely long. However if I make a dollar a month off of the information I give is it worth it? I can just as easily not help anyone out, if there is an issue I will end up doing just that. So far I have not had any complaints.

Since I am not commercializing the site I didn't figure it was an issue. I can just as easily bounce the links to another page where you see nothing but a quick flash and don't even have the time to read a statement. Either way I think the information I give is worth a lot more than what I make off of it. You don't see attorney's handing out free advice on the forums yet I do quite often.

I’m glad you found a way to monetize your help you are giving. But I also feel some disclosure is in order to maintain credibility.

But damn! Your response here is more damaging to your credibility than a lack of disclosure.

My gut feeling is you are giving advice more as a way to help out and give back to the community here. Any monetary gain your recommendations get are likely secondary. But, dude you just made excuses and described another method to hide it if you did comply with the disclosure requirements your marketing agreement contains.

Think about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom