Changes to Drivers License?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've looked until my eyes have crossed....if I get a renewed drivers license, or some change to my drivers' license, am I required to do anything through the OSBI about my existing SDA permit?

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma residents are required to maintain current address information for OK DL's and OK SDA's. The DL address info can be updated a number of ways, the simplest is online at the OK DPS site. Go to OSBI website for the SDA form you need to fill out, have notarized and mailed to OSBI.

For a little more money and a little more effort on your part you can get your new address on your replacement DL and SDA, if you choose to do that.

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a gray area. I contacted OSBI many years ago about this and was told that I only needed to submit a change of address, and that paying to get a new license was optional and that was why they are two separate boxes on the form. At that time, I only submitted a change of address and didn't get a replacement license because I was moving to a temporary place for a few months. But, for only $15 it could certainly save you some grief when coming into contact with LEO.

When in doubt, go to the source.
http://www.oklegislature.gov/osstatuestitle.html
Title 21, §21-1290.21
"D. A person may request during any license period an update for a change of address or change of name by submitting to the Bureau a fifteen-dollar replacement fee, and a notarized statement that the address or name of the licensee has changed. The Bureau shall issue an updated license with the same expiration date within ten (10) days of receipt of the request."

Latest posts

Top Bottom