Channel 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They "worked it out" because people were missing their football game. And Direct was losing customers like there was no tomorrow. They are fixing to lose another one just because I'm sick and tired of their ****. Though I don't expect that Dish will be much better. I wish I could get Grumpy to just go streaming but GOD FORBID we figure out how to do something new. 😱😱🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I’m with the ‘ole man on this. F dat. I ain’t learning something new. I just want to be left alone to watch the History/Hitler channel and Monk & Columbo.

Seems like a reasonable request to me.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m with the ‘ole man on this. F dat. I ain’t learning something new. I just want to be left alone to watch the History/Hitler channel and Monk & Columbo.

OMG! 🙄🙄🙄 I swear if I have to watch one more episode of ANY Cops, Cops: Reloaded, Cops In Pursuit, Cops Trying to Figure Out How to **** Without Taking Their GunBelt Off ... Ad nauseum ... I am gonna strangle the mother****er. And I'll get off too -- "justifiable homicide" is a thing! 😡🙄🙄🙄😉

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I feel ya, I'm the same way, all this streaming to get a football game is gone over the deep end. I can get more done if I just forget about it, I'll hear the winner on Football Smack thread at my convenience. :thumbup3:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me, the only way to go these days is an antenna for local stuff and a roku or smart tv connected to the internet. Even if you don't want to pay for a streaming service, there are tons of free (with ads) channels available. I watch the weather on local channels, but otherwise I stream about 95% of the time.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old guys who refuse to change is the only thing keeping them in business. Damned boomers ... 🙄😉
And old girls, my stepmother, mother and stepfather all are to technology illiterate to use streaming platforms, regardless of how many instructions I type out. My father has a $300 cable bill as a result of my stepmothers inability.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And old girls, my stepmother, mother and stepfather all are to technology illiterate to use streaming platforms, regardless of how many instructions I type out. My father has a $300 cable bill as a result of my stepmothers inability.
They should get a roku. It's really as easy as hitting the netflix (or whatever) button.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should get a roku. It's really as easy as hitting the netflix (or whatever) button.
Tried everything. My mother and stepfather went so far as to throw away the irreplaceable Harmony remote I gave them because Cox told them they could do everything from the Contour remote (you can't). I have to routinely go over there to change the input on the receiver when they mess it up, because they don't get that it has to match what device they want to watch. The Harmony would change it for them with Macro actions.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the good ole days I had a 10’ dish and everything was free. Except the XXX Ecstasy channel
You could watch any pro foolsball and the best part was you could get the stream from the stadium. Some of the comments made by the broadcast team were entertaining.

Latest posts

Top Bottom