Channel 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And old girls, my stepmother, mother and stepfather all are to technology illiterate to use streaming platforms, regardless of how many instructions I type out. My father has a $300 cable bill as a result of my stepmothers inability.

Right?? Just as many stupid, stubborn, lazy women as there are stupid, stubborn, lazy men in the world. (And no, Grumpy does not care about how much it costs. Well until he does and then that's my fault, too ... 🙄🙄) I guarantee that when he FINALLY decides it's too expensive -- probably right about the time he wants to buy something we don't need but he "NEEDS" -- he will be aghast and want to know why I didn't tell him cable was costing us "that much" ... Sigh ... I wish my dementia would set in already so I could just sit and watch the birds out of my room window at the nursing home and say "Oh look! Butterflies! 🦋🦋🦋🦋" 😇

Last edited:

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Channel six Tulsa is getting pretty bad. Can't stand that Lori Fulbright. If she gets any more plastic surgery she's going to look just like the madam puppet
hqdefault.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And old girls, my stepmother, mother and stepfather all are to technology illiterate to use streaming platforms, regardless of how many instructions I type out. My father has a $300 cable bill as a result of my stepmothers inability.
My MIL that has passed away earlier this year was technology illiterate. She asked that we put the smart TV we bought her on Channel 6 in Tulsa, and it never changed off of that channel for probably 5 years no matter how many times we would go over there and have her use the remote herself and change channels, volume and so on. Her flip phone was constantly getting turned off, so wife superglued the on/off switch to the on position. Then living 100 miles apart her phone would go dead and wife would panic, so off to Broken Arrow we would go. She never figured out which way the charging cable could go in, so instead of fighting it, she would just not charge it.
We still have Direct TV, as the wife is a TV junkie that has to record about 5 shows a night and watch them commercial free the next day which is a plus. Hate commercials with their current wokeness.
I've heard that YouTube TV has unlimited DVR access, so gonna look into that and see if we can ditch the Direct TV.
Out in my man cave, everything is streamed and don't pay a dime to anybody to watch what I like which is not housewives of XXX, or Love Island Romance or that kind of reality TV crap.
My reality TV is the outdoor channels, YouTube, and content like that.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stream with Hulu but I also have an antenna that picks up local and a bunch of other stations at no charge. When Hulu/streaming acts up like it did during the OU/TX game I just switched to the antenna since it was on both. Hulu using prime is nice because you can record, pause, backup, etc any program. When its super HOT or COLD we old folks stay inside and watch more TV than we should

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We stream using SlingTV and are happy with it. $40/month I believe. Attic HD antennae gets us all of the local channels. When channel 5 was acting up during the game, I just switched over to SlingTV and ESPN.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right?? Just as many stupid, stubborn, lazy women as there are stupid, stubborn, lazy men in the world. (And no, Grumpy does not care about how much it costs. Well until he does and then that's my fault, too ... 🙄🙄) I guarantee that when he FINALLY decides it's too expensive -- probably right about the time he wants to buy something we don't need but he "NEEDS" -- he will be aghast and want to know why I didn't tell him cable was costing us "that much" ... Sigh ... I wish my dementia would set in already so I could just sit and watch the birds out of my room window at the nursing home and say "Oh look! Butterflies! 🦋🦋🦋🦋" 😇
When we first went to Dish, they put in one with a DVR and told my wife it’s only $5.00 a month more.

She told them take that crap out she wasn’t paying the $5.00.
They have it free for a while, now we’re hooked. Just like crack.

Latest posts

Top Bottom