Check you EDC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When was the last time you checked you EDC? Since I'm no going to the crazy gun show I thought what a great day to deep clean the ol collection. I was amazed when I broke down my Springfield Xd sub-compact the amount of lint that was inside it. No clue how lint gets inside the firearm but was very evident that it was from jeans being that it was blue. I would suggest all those that carry everyday should break her down every week. I have gotten into the bad habit of just throwing her on every morning. Would hate to have a malfunction when it counted due to belly button lint. Be safe!

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When was the last time you checked you EDC? Since I'm no going to the crazy gun show I thought what a great day to deep clean the ol collection. I was amazed when I broke down my Springfield Xd sub-compact the amount of lint that was inside it. No clue how lint gets inside the firearm but was very evident that it was from jeans being that it was blue. I would suggest all those that carry everyday should break her down every week. I have gotten into the bad habit of just throwing her on every morning. Would hate to have a malfunction when it counted due to belly button lint. Be safe!

very good point I am guilty of. Given with me rarely leaving the house I rarely carry as a result. I used to be incredibly nitpicky about cleaning my firearms and now the cleanings are far and few between.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the quality handguns of today Glock, XD, M&P, sig, Hk, Ect you should not have a malfunction from lint. These guns have been combat tested in sand, salt water, drop rest, run over, harshest climates on earth. If lint from my Jeans makes it malfunction, I want my money back...

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try and keep "sharp: with my EDC, since I may have to use it one day, so I go to the range at least once a month. I belong to 2 gun clubs and there is a free public range about 5 miles from where I work.

After a range trip. I clean it that evening, or the next, so it stays pretty "gunk" free.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the quality handguns of today Glock, XD, M&P, sig, Hk, Ect you should not have a malfunction from lint. These guns have been combat tested in sand, salt water, drop rest, run over, harshest climates on earth. If lint from my Jeans makes it malfunction, I want my money back...

100% agree with this. With a good gun, shouldn't matter with lint. When I had my taurus TCP, i checked it every few weeks. With my xdm, not really worried about it.

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Totally agree just was surprised how much debris was in it, and as the saying goes " cleanliness is next to godliness".

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay I will ask because I cant think of it ... what is EDC?

Feel free to tease me if it is something I should know but am just drawing a blank. :)

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay I will ask because I cant think of it ... what is EDC?

Feel free to tease me if it is something I should know but am just drawing a blank. :)

Every Day Carry. As far as the original topic goes, I do clean mine every so often, but, I run them dirty, so I know they run dirty. After I clean them, I'll run a box through them to make sure they like to run clean. I am good to go from there, since I know they'll run clean, I know they'll run dirty, anything in between should be ok.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I look down the barrel of mine very once in a while to see if I can still see any glint of light shinning off of the copper jacket of the chambered round. If I can, then I know that a dirt dauber hasn't built a nest in the barrel and clogged it up. :P

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense now. :) I would never have come up with it, and the ideas I had I wont even post.

Thanks bigfug.

I clean my carry weapon every Friday.

Every Day Carry. As far as the original topic goes, I do clean mine every so often, but, I run them dirty, so I know they run dirty. After I clean them, I'll run a box through them to make sure they like to run clean. I am good to go from there, since I know they'll run clean, I know they'll run dirty, anything in between should be ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom