Choteau Bend = Tons of Sandbass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meant to post this earlier just haven't gotten around to it. Two weeks earlier a buddy of mine and I went to Choteau bend and tore the sandbass up. We cleaned 79 and threw back quite a few more, easily caught 100+ in about 5 hrs. Gonna go back soon and try to snag a spoonbill, I really love fishing there.
ai116.photobucket.com_albums_o19_jakebarlow_sandbass.jpg

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wasn't accusing you of violating the regs. It was more of a rhetorical question. I know I could have looked in the regs if I really wanted to know.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd love to have been there fishing with you, but I'd be hatin the cleaning.
Congrats on a nice mess of fish!:D

Ha ya we were definitely wishing we threw a few more back when we got back home and had to clean all of them. I fried some up and they taste absolutely delicious. Still have a ton left over, might need to have a big fish fry.

Reaction score
The work-to-meat ratio on sand bass is a little high for me, but awesome! Where is this place you speak of?

Crappie have about the same amount of work-to-meat ratio in cleaning, but to me are worth it (the bigger ones) because they taste better than sand bass!

Latest posts

Top Bottom