Church carry and spouse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Several years ago, my pastor, his wife, my wife and myself were in a small discussion when the pastor asked me if I carried in church. Knowing if I lied in church GOD would strike me dead I told him yes and that is the reason I sit in the choir loft. He told me he knew others carried in church and he had a greater comfort level knowing if something happened there would be men and women to handle the situation.

Grant

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost always carry at church. Seldomly I won't but know that there are MANY others carrying so I'm not too concerned it I don't carry there.

Concealed carry at my church is comon topic of discussion among all the carriers and most members know who all carries.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a religious man, but isn' there something about the lord helps those who help themselves? Criminals are not magically stopped at the threshold of the church nor are they going to be slowed by the presence of a crucifix. Mention that to the wife who is offended by carrying in church. And if I did go to church my wife is just fine with it. She carries everywhere she can as well.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't go to church, but if we did, I'd carry. I don't know how my wife would react, though, but it wouldn't stop me.

She does, however, make snide comments when I strap up when we're about to go to Crest, 7-11, or some other place just right around the corner from our house. "You're just going to Crest!", she says. She's still under the mentality that crime doesn't strike within the first 60-minute window of being out of your house or something. Because the shorter the trip, the closer the destination, the more she lays on the sarcasm when it comes to me carrying. But I don't care. I'm like, "b*tch, whatevz".

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if your church also has a school, can you carry still?

I am not sure, but since school is not in session, it should not matter. I will research whether it makes a difference if it is a private or public school. I would say it was OK on private schools, but a private university is off limits, so I am not sure.

Off topic

Seeing how I started the thread and this is not about carrying concealed on school property even one that is also a church. I say off topic.

Then instead of trying to hijack my thread start your own and ask.

LOL, a little touchy big boy? Didn't realize you owned this part of the internet. If getting off topic, (in your opinion) bothers you, might want to get a little thicker skinned. To quote a great American, (Bill Murray), "Lighten up Francis...." :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom