City of Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
City of Tulsa is going to change out 148,000 water meters
What they don't say is because of rising tensions between customers and employees. And so they can turn off your water with the flip of a switch.
Don't vote the correct way. Click!

Spider27monkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We live in wagoner county. RWD4 switched our meters to digital 5 years or so back. New meters increased water pressure for us and a few of our neighbors. Bursts pipes and several leaks. The majority of the homes were built 40 years ago.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've got the same water meter my grandparents had. Still paying for it even though it was pre paid for to get rural water hooked up.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Piedmont changed ours to electronic a few months ago. I talked to the guy installing it and asked if it will give the city the ability to remotely shut off the water; he said no, those kind of meters cost too much. So for now they just take readings. And you can go online and see your usage, and it warns you if you have leaks.
Confirmed by one of our toilets running a little after flushing and me putting off fixing it for a few weeks.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have had them electronic meters for around 3 years. technically a meter needs to be changed out every 10 years or the city will start losing money cause the meters only registers high flow a slow leak will not register.

Latest posts

Top Bottom