Class "A" CDL holders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stymie001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have my CDL driving permit and am getting ready to test for the driving portion. I've heard many things about the Enid, Ok location (most not too encouraging). Have any of you tested in this location and how different could it be than the Oklahoma City/ Edmond location. I have a test date scheduled next month. Any feedback or tips would would be appreciated.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant tell you about that particular location, but when I took my test I was counted against for not checking my mirrors often enough. Make sure you know how to test the air brakes, and can identify the components. Also, there was a weird thing with the state guy not wanting to put his seat belt on. He said in case he needed to take control. I didnt roll until he put it on, maybe that is why he got me on the mirror thing. Good luck bro. Its really not that bad.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least your not taking it in Lawton. Im pretty sure Lawton is the toughest place in the State to pass a CDL driving test. Check your mirrors often, watch the road sides and underpass clearance signs. They will ask you what the posted clearance was as your driving under it.

daugbl5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enid is not to bad. My dad and brother both did their driving tests there. Make sure you have your pretrip down good. I did mine in midwest/del city area and it sucked they were like drill sergeants but that was back in 1999. Damn I have been a driver for a long time wasnt trying to keep track. **** now I am depressed!

stymie001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. In Enid they set up cones so you can do your backing and parking, if your unlucky u have to
parallel park. I'm refining my walk around and i know the 7 steps of the airbreaks by heart now. I will continue practicing on smoothing my downshifting.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enid is not to bad. My dad and brother both did their driving tests there. Make sure you have your pretrip down good. I did mine in midwest/del city area and it sucked they were like drill sergeants but that was back in 1999. Damn I have been a driver for a long time wasnt trying to keep track. **** now I am depressed!

Now you have mad me feel old, I have been driving with a CDL since 1990. Crap I am getting old.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took it in Enid in 2009, many people in my company chose Enid over OKC because it is supposed to be "easier" there. The backing was rather easy back then as you only had to do a 90 degree back in to a loading dock at the old Homeland. I've heard they now make you parallel park too. If you go under a bridge check the clearance, they will ask. Sometimes at major intersections they will ask what town was down the road. The poster above is correct about checking your mirrors, I heard that as well and felt I checked them alot, I still lost points for that. I suggest over exaggerate checking your mirrors often. Don't coast to a stop, if you do with the clutch depressed for a distance longer than your truck and trailer, you will automatically fail. Personally I didn't stop at the RR tracks because I was not going for my HAZMAT, I didn't hear anything from the tester about not stopping. I also had a light change to yellow as I approached it and asked and was told to run it rather than trying to lock the truck up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom