Classifieds are slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbeitler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been on much lately. I'll pop in and ck the classifieds sometimes. They seem to be really slow nowadays. Used to you would post something in the morning and it would be 3 pages back by lunch time. Now there is two weeks worth of listings on the front page. Anyone have any insight on this ? Thanks in advance

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
seems to me that overall activity on OSA is down. I don't know if it is the new ownership and layout or maybe the warmer weather has more folks outside instead of in front of a computer screen :anyone:

Lots of members have complained about the new classifieds so maybe they went to armslist to sell instead? I personally dont mind them but listing an item for sale takes a little more effort. In our world of convenience, those few extra clicks and spaces to fill out seem like a full blown application to some.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com_2014_01_larry_david_yawn.gif_001fdad44407c592f12c021da5533d08.gif

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been on much lately. I'll pop in and ck the classifieds sometimes. They seem to be really slow nowadays. Used to you would post something in the morning and it would be 3 pages back by lunch time. Now there is two weeks worth of listings on the front page. Anyone have any insight on this ? Thanks in advance
Lots of members have complained about the new classifieds so maybe they went to armslist to sell instead? I personally dont mind them but listing an item for sale takes a little more effort. In our world of convenience, those few extra clicks and spaces to fill out seem like a full blown application to some.
I'm one of the "some" ... all of the form filling out has made it too much like work.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK this is probably going to sound stupid. Is the oil drop having this much of an impact on the classifieds? Firearms sales have been pretty stagnant for awhile now. I used to be able to buy a gun, try it out/play, then turn around and sell without much problem. Now it seems like you have to be willing to take a big loss to sell anything.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have four firearms posted right now. No even a bite. I don't think prices are high, but apparently they may be. I have offered them here, to family, to friends, co-workers and customers and not even a counter offer. Considering FB and armslist, but not desperate to sell and not in too big of a hurry.

My guess is that if it isn't 9x19 or AR is that it is extremely slow moving.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom