Classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about it, but didn't want to be 'that guy'. Again, if they have an FFL, what they are doing isn't wrong.

update:
It looks like the ad is no longer there now, so I'll go back to my hole and be quiet. Forget I said anything!! lol
No, it's good that you brought it up in the event that something 'shady' was going on. By calling attention to what could have been something illegal it not only sends a message that unscrupulous doings are not going to be tolerated here but also may help prevent behavior that could concievably close down this site because of illegal activity. If the individual trying to 'flip' the item was actually an FFL, then they will understand and support your questioning 👍

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I just didn't know where else to rant. There was a classified post selling a pistol yesterday and a new user said they were interested. I now see the same model gun for sale by that same new user today at a price one might call 'wishful thinking'. Same model gun, both the gun he was trying to buy yesterday and the gun posted for sale today both have the same type grip tape on it. One would not be out of line to think that they were in fact the same firearm. I know the rules, and will not post on their classified ad, but I just wanted to vent somewhere. I am in no way affected by this user, but I really would like to know if they indeed hold an FFL because they are clearly trying to flip this pistol for a profit. It just irks me, especially since it was bought and again posted for sale on the same website.

If in fact they are two different firearms, apologies in advance. That is unlikely though.
There are people in this forum that actively buy cheap-er guns, and turn right around in the same week and sell them in this forum for $50-$100 more. All the time.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Perplexed and I discussed this a little bit.

Indeed. Same sort of thing that happens along the line waiting to get into a gun show. Three times I‘ve sold a firearm in line, only to see it on a table during the show with a higher price tag. Once it was 50% higher. Wished I knew what sort of luck those people had selling the firearms.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are people in this forum that actively buy cheap-er guns, and turn right around in the same week and sell them in this forum for $50-$100 more. All the time.
They could have tried it out and decided they did not like it!

Naturally they raised the price to pay for thier time and troubles!

Latest posts

Top Bottom