Clay's Barber Shop - Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just had a great barber shop shave, including the head, at Clay's in Fontana Shopping Center @ 51st & Memorial. I'd seen a recommendation here on OSA and decided to check it out. If you have the time (~45 minutes) and the money ($60), you'll be glad you did. Mark's a retired Infantry officer and is one of us as regards guns.

:idea:

okwarren

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clay's is THE place to go to for haircuts in Tulsa. The place is styled like an old fashioned barber shop, and has a bunch of army paraphernalia decorating it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Straight razor shave is something that's been on my to do list for quite sometime, never had one. There's a newer place in Enid, somewhat retro 50's style barber shop that I'm going to have to try.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a cut from Clay today. Top notch guy, and great cut. Beats any of the chain places that don't know how to give proper man's cut.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a cut from Clay today. Top notch guy, and great cut. Beats any of the chain places that don't know how to give proper man's cut.

Good to hear - I'm contemplating a return visit very soon for the double shave treatment I got last time. I also look forward to the conversation.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much for a normal haircut?
Ten years ago in a shop much like that i axed for a normal haircut and wound up with 73 pounds of goop in my hair which was sparce to begin with. Careful what you do in those places.
You need to discuss your hair with the person who is gonna cut it, the same as you'd discuss your little girl's heart transplant.

M

malexander

Del City barber shop (your standard, old-fashioned barber shop) at SE 15th & Sunnylane does straight razor neck shave as part of the $10.00 haircut. IIRC $8.00 for military personel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom