Close call

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was finishing up a flower bed project for the wife today using those paver blocks. Put one on the front porch and went inside for some cool water and to get the sweat drops off my glasses.
Reached down to pickup the block and noticed movement under it.
Backed up for a better look and this 12” copperhead was almost completely hidden under it with only a small portion visible which is what caught my eye. Pretty well camouflaged.
The last pic is right before the square point shovel took his head off. You can see the fangs.
That’s the 10th copperhead I’ve killed on our place.

ba52ac1463f569a6770a622ece7a107b.jpg

b5e3cddc23e354471a739f193eebb1b8.jpg

dd128543b57c879f325feabd723faa9b.jpg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you weren't bit Dennis.

It looks exactly like the snakes we had at the range back in July.--------> Snakes on the range !!

I know they're still around so I still keep an eye peeled for them but they've seemed to make themselves really scarce since it got hot and dry and all the baby frogs went away.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found a baby cooperhead out by my herb garden yesterday morning and then last night we had another pigmy rattler on the back porch. The cooperhead got away, the rattler didn’t.
Poisonous snakes receive death sentences usually at my house. That cooperhead was the first to escape in a while.
All the rest get relocated to a lower traffic area.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you got him before he got you, Dennis! I hate those things. I killed a bunch of them when we had the place at Keystone.

@XYZ - where you at anyway? I wanna' stay away from there!

Latest posts

Top Bottom