CNN dominates airports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe so we don't have to listen or watch the liberal agenda dedicated to taking away our 2A rights, and propagating fake news that the uninformed don't want to or have the ability to research? Not everybody is on OSA or has a smartphone to access the internet.
Maybe Fox on one and CNN on the other for a choice? I love choices. It's what free thinking people get.
Not all airports have charging stations although that's changing. Extended flights can and will deplete the battery and probably all the backups your carrying. At least that is my experience. The last time I was on a 9 hour flight, last year, there were zero charging stations. I unplugged the water fountain and recharged there with a line forming behind me in LAX.

that is the thing. you don't have to watch it. you don't have to sit there or pay attention. Just because it's on doesn't mean squat. Use that 'free thinking' and find something else to do.

One of which could be a thing called a book. They don't need batteries, or charging stations. They are amazingly still common, both in your hometown, the internet, and most airports. There are even places that will loan them to you for free. They can cover a wide variety of topics and some even have pictures, in case you need that kind of thing to follow along.

I guess you could always start a gofundme campaign to raise money for Fox News. That way they could better compete in the free market and maybe buy a few of the TVs for the airports. I'm sure they'd appreciate the financial help.

Or just save some of your battery from your 9 hour flight, knowing that you'll be barraged by CNN when you get off the plane.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe so we don't have to listen or watch the liberal agenda dedicated to taking away our 2A rights, and propagating fake news that the uninformed don't want to or have the ability to research? Not everybody is on OSA or has a smartphone to access the internet.
Maybe Fox on one and CNN on the other for a choice? I love choices. It's what free thinking people get.
Not all airports have charging stations although that's changing. Extended flights can and will deplete the battery and probably all the backups your carrying. At least that is my experience. The last time I was on a 9 hour flight, last year, there were zero charging stations. I unplugged the water fountain and recharged there with a line forming behind me in LAX.

So how do you propose to fix it? More government?

Another version of the much maligned "Fairness Doctrine"?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that is the thing. you don't have to watch it. you don't have to sit there or pay attention. Just because it's on doesn't mean squat. Use that 'free thinking' and find something else to do.

One of which could be a thing called a book. They don't need batteries, or charging stations. They are amazingly still common, both in your hometown, the internet, and most airports. There are even places that will loan them to you for free. They can cover a wide variety of topics and some even have pictures, in case you need that kind of thing to follow along.

I guess you could always start a gofundme campaign to raise money for Fox News. That way they could better compete in the free market and maybe buy a few of the TVs for the airports. I'm sure they'd appreciate the financial help.

Or just save some of your battery from your 9 hour flight, knowing that you'll be barraged by CNN when you get off the plane.

I read books. Digital ones mostly. It’s not that I’m fascinated with CNN’s BS. I totally disregard them and their programming.
It’s the rest of the world that I’m concerned about watching it.
They think that’s the real America according to CNN and it’s not. The constant attacks against our rights is brainwashing the uninformed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how do you propose to fix it? More government?

Another version of the much maligned "Fairness Doctrine"?

Why are you fascinated with more government? I’ve never said a word about new laws or enlargement of government regulations. You and Donner keep bringing that up.
Get over it for Gods sake.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why are you fascinated with more government? I’ve never said a word about new laws or enlargement of government regulations. You and Donner keep bringing that up.
Get over it for Gods sake.

So what’s your solution to ensure someone else provides you more choices for news when traveling by air?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect that CNN, in paying for so much for their coverage in airports, wouldn't appreciate it if enough travelers voiced their opinions and wanted the "free market" to be in play.

I can image what TV would be watched the most if one was giving more of a variety of news while the other was pretty much anti-Trump.

Latest posts

Top Bottom