Cold Blue by Gary Neese ( A Tulsa Police Story )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bashed1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished "Cold Blue"; great book, but the author needs a better editor (e.g.; "sights" are on a gun, not "sites"). Also many punctuation and hyphen errors, but some of those might have been due to the electronic format of the book I downloaded. Good story with well developed plotline and characters!

dolang1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The next time any of you guys from Tulsa get busted on a drug deal, ask Gary Neece if he's going to write a sequel. I really enjoyed Cold Blue.

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A Tulsa police officer is branching out into a second career as an author.

Sergeant Gary Neece has written and published a novel about a Tulsa police officer who breaks his oath, his moral code and the law in a quest for revenge.

Cold Blue is about a Tulsa gang sergeant whose wife and daughter are murdered and his path to find and take out the killers, without regard to the law.

There's plenty of action and even a bit of a love story.

Gary Neece came on the Tulsa police department nearly 19 years ago. He's worked the streets as a patrol officer and as the sergeant of the vice squad.

His career path, his rank and a few other facts are similar to his lead character, a guy named Sergeant Jonathan Thorpe.

"My mother is a bus driver, like his in the book. I grew up in Kansas City, like he did. I wrote about things I know. A lot of it is me, but, he's super cool and I'm not," he said.

Gary says he didn't dream of someday writing a book.

In 2007, he bought a laptop, needed a hobby so started writing with only a basic premise in mind, not really sure what would come next.

"I sat down and thought, I want to have a likeable character, but who is doing unlikable things," Gary said.

The story line involves officer corruption and an FBI investigation of Tulsa officers.

Gary says he wrote the story well before Tulsa officers were accused of corruption in real life, which happened last year.

"I wrote this three years ago, about the time I was getting it published, all this hit. People are going to think I'm writing about people on the police department, but it's a total coincidence. I don't want people to think I wrote about actual officers involved in this case," Gary said.

Gary hopes this book does well enough that when he retires after getting his 20 years on the department, it could become his next career.

Seeing his work in bookstores has been a treat.

"It's really neat to see someone with my book in their hand. Hopefully, one day I'll get on an airplane and sit down next to someone reading a book," he said.

Thought this was pretty cool.
its fiction but written by a local.

Latest posts

Top Bottom