Coleman camping gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4DB0BBA7-0356-4A07-BB20-568B50820172.jpeg

Got a 1952 model cleaned this evening, and she fired up. Not in the best shape and someone made a light reflector out of an old oil can, but, I like the ingenuity.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That shield was camp courtesy, it wouldn’t shine into other camps and it was for walking with a latern.

That is one cool looking latern!

View attachment 304304
Got a 1952 model cleaned this evening, and she fired up. Not in the best shape and someone made a light reflector out of an old oil can, but, I like the ingenuity.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you ever have to re-coat the insides of tanks? I have done it to old metal vintage motorcycle tanks.
I haven’t yet, have run across a few that sounded like they had marbles in the tank when shaken, I just passed on those ones. This 52 had 3-4 chunks a little smaller than a pea come out of the fount. But it still works. I put hot water in it and shake it, then dump it, repeat as necessary and you can add bb’s to the tank to break junk loose.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remembered I had a Coleman Feather model 422-700 backpack stove in the garage and tried to fire it up. It was a no-go, it just wouldn't build up pressure no matter how many times I pumped. So I took out the pump and looked at it and put it back in. It still wouldn't pump. So I took it out again and saw this time that the edges were cracked on the plastic pump cup. So there was nothing what to do but try and order a new one but they can't be found. Then I remember what this poor boy larned as a kid.
Did you every have a bicycle pump go bad and wouldn't pump? Well, I did and learned that a kid with a piece of leather from an old shoe tongue could make one of those cups and repair the tire pump. So I figured I could do the same for this little stove and that is exactly what I did and it now pumps and fires up. They do have the pump kits for around $11.00 on the internet but why spend the money if you can make one?

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom