College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Started reading this from page 1. This forum should be renamed to OU jock sniffing thread. “OU’s great, OU’s great, OU looks bad but we still beat KS, oh sh*t we got beat by Baylor, it’s not fair”. It’s ok, OU will be ranked top 5 preseason next year by the AP again. Like always. Enjoy the SEC, they wish now that they had asked OSU and Baylor lol
Lol Gundy still gonna Gundy in Bedlam like always.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Started reading this from page 1. This forum should be renamed to OU jock sniffing thread. “OU’s great, OU’s great, OU looks bad but we still beat KS, oh sh*t we got beat by Baylor, it’s not fair”. It’s ok, OU will be ranked top 5 preseason next year by the AP again. Like always. Enjoy the SEC, they wish now that they had asked OSU and Baylor lol

Baylor will always be a stepping stone. OSU will go to back to being a stepping stone as soon as they get rid of Gundy.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
And I'm sure what nobody saw on TV last night was the first osu player out of the tunnel carried a large American Flag as they ran out......and Gundy ran over to the east end zone during every TV time out and shook the hand and thanked every vet that they honored throughout the game.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1636900530060-png.48923
I stayed up for that bball game too. Curious to see how CB did in his big stage debut.

I think UT bball will be winning conference titles long before UT ftball will

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
i don't have a dog in this fight, nor do i watch football.

hell i don't think football should be played by kids at all, especially middle/high school.

that being said, it is *hilarious* to see how it all works, year after year. it's just like the media hyping up the same big market teams in pro sports. it's the same exact racket:

>pick the same markets to "win" before even a single game is played
>these markets are the most likely to purchase/click things that say "your team is the best!"
>all major sports media shills them constantly
>if they come close to losing, doesn't matter
>straight up cheat to benefit them when necessary
>pay coaches, staff, etc ridiculous amounts of money
>it's okay because the sports media gets the extra money from those same fanbases by saying "your team is the best!"
>games start being played
>some random team is clearly the best team
>four stages of grief sets in for major team fanbases as they realize another "meaningless" season has occurred
>it's okay, the sports media says our team will be the best next year!
>cycle repeats

it's the yankees, lakers, sooners, knicks, longhorns, you see it all the time. at the end of the day sports is entertainment and that's all part of the show, but dang i can't help but think of all that money going to literally anything else. and i say this about ALL sports.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I'm sure what nobody saw on TV last night was the first osu player out of the tunnel carried a large American Flag as they ran out......and Gundy ran over to the east end zone during every TV time out and shook the hand and thanked every vet that they honored throughout the game.
Gundy does that at every game during the TV timeouts. It just wasn't this game because of Veterans Day. If there are mutilple times where Law Enforcement or Military or any first responders are honored in a single game he will always go over and shake hands and thank them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom