College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He’s probably not lying. Previous talks were probably between intermediaries and his agent. He made the decision to leave months ago. The only question was where/when.

I’ve made the decision to quit my job and take another in minutes. It’s freaking football not planning d-day.
If his agent, legal counsel or whatever was negotiating on his behalf, and it's basically guaranteed that this occurred, it's no different than if he was doing the dealing himself. For him to state that he started the negotiations and came to an agreement in less than a week is just him saying how dumb he thinks we are. Good riddance I say...

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If his agent, legal counsel or whatever was negotiating on his behalf, and it's basically guaranteed that this occurred, it's no different than if he was doing the dealing himself. For him to state that he started the negotiations and came to an agreement in less than a week is just him saying how dumb he thinks we are. Good riddance I say...
I see that a coach like Riley, with his prominence in college football would have done exactly that. His agent or whomever, spoke to Riley and they came up with his needs and wants to accept a head coaching job at a high profile football school. His agent told USC, probably several months ago, what he would be looking for in a deal and the negotiations began between USC and his agent. Once USC finally came close to getting his wishes filled he then probably involved himself directly to finalize things at the "11th hour" and committed to the Trojans. That's how chit is done when you have the big bucks. It's the "I'll have my people talk to your people" scenario.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I’m just glad the OU faithful have someone to vent their frustrations on. They’ve always felt they were too big for the conference and they’re getting into the conference they wanted all along. Maybe they can dry their tears with all that extra money they’ll be getting? :anyone:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shell of who we were lol? We went 10-2 with an obviously distracted HC. Geez... some of you pokes REALLY stretch it thin to knock OU.
Yes. A shell of who OU was the prior 10 years. Going 10-2 while losing to OSU and Baylor, barely beating Tulane, Kansas, Texas, West Virginia and Nebraska all while having "heisman winning QBs" Call it what you want but OU nearly lost to some terrible teams this season that they would have smoked in recent seasons past.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. A shell of who OU was the prior 10 years. Going 10-2 while losing to OSU and Baylor, barely beating Tulane, Kansas, Texas, West Virginia and Nebraska all while having "heisman winning QBs" Call it what you want but OU nearly lost to some terrible teams this season that they would have smoked in recent seasons past.

Sure, even with Riley on auto-pilot we still went 10-2. Even with OU shooting themselves in the foot, they still were within one play of beating OSU. One could make your argument and apply it to Texas for sure, OU nah. OSU fans are just desperate to pile on when they can. We will be just fine :)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see that a coach like Riley, with his prominence in college football would have done exactly that. His agent or whomever, spoke to Riley and they came up with his needs and wants to accept a head coaching job at a high profile football school. His agent told USC, probably several months ago, what he would be looking for in a deal and the negotiations began between USC and his agent. Once USC finally came close to getting his wishes filled he then probably involved himself directly to finalize things at the "11th hour" and committed to the Trojans. That's how chit is done when you have the big bucks. It's the "I'll have my people talk to your people" scenario.
Exactly right. You're making my point for me. His hired professionals are working on his behalf at his direction, and therefore he initiated the discussion. The fact still remains that he didn't just get an offer and say "SURE!" in a couple of days as he said he did when he lied out his ass about it. So he chose to straight up lie and insult his Sooner fans and players or he is shooting straight with them (which he isn't) and made a fool's choice of a decision. Either way OU is better off without him. He'll fit right in with the culture academia promotes out there, at least until the rich donor alumni get him run him off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom