Concealed Carry Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was talking with a friend the other day and he mentioned Insurance Companies now offering an insurance for persons with CCL. The are saying that it takes a minimum/Average of $100,000 for a public self-defense shooting.

1) Has anyone heard or have this insurance?

2) Do you think the $100,000 minimum costs for a public shooting is close?

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know but honestly it sounds about right for someone to be debt for the rest of their lives just for saving themselves and possibly others.

GLOCKinator

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pay about $95/month for mine. I have it along with the earthquake insurance for my house through the same company. Together I save 20%!!!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pay about $95/month for mine. I have it along with the earthquake insurance for my house through the same company. Together I save 20%!!!

$95/month just for the CCW insurance??? Or is that together?

I have Pre-Paid Legal, which I believe will cover my defense costs as long as I am not under the influence of alcohol or drugs when such an event happens.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont see how you be required to worry about it, I thought under the law if the shooting is justified you cant be charged and the injured person or the deceased persons family can not sure you in Oklahoma court.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NRA offers some and it doesn't matter if your justified if they drag you to court your going to be out some major money to prove it. Now all the insurance policies I've seen you have to be found not guility or they don't pay a dime.

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NRA offers some and it doesn't matter if your justified if they drag you to court your going to be out some major money to prove it. Now all the insurance policies I've seen you have to be found not guility or they don't pay a dime.

That is crazy. What is happening to our country?

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never thought of carry insurance. Didn't know it exsisted. My concern is not only the crimminal court but the civil suit brought by the person you shot (if they live) or the family of the person you shot (if you kill the guy). The few instances I've read where someone successfuly goes through a criminal case it cost them $20,000 to $40,000 and lasts 1 1/2 to 2 years. The civil case usually doesn't seem to last as long but if you lose the sky is the limit on what it'll cost you. For me, and it's just my opinion, if someone is stealing my car/boat/bike/whatever I'm not risking financial ruin or 20 years of my life lost in prison over a $10,000 or $15,000 dollar item. I can just file an insurance claim and recoup most of it. They break into my house while we're there, or threaten bodily harm while out in public....that's another matter entirely. Then there's no choice but to defend yourself. You may still wind up in prison (depending on what the DA want's to do) or financial ruin (if you lose the civil suit) but it's just what you had to do. I know the flames are coming, I just hope this time people read the whole post before going on a rampage.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought 'Stand Your Ground' versus 'Make My Day' was supposedly written to add protection to victims immunity from civil suits brought by perps or their families?

Pre-Paid Legal provides access to lawyers for advice,help with documents(we just did our wills),etcetc,but you will still have out of pocket expenses for lawyers time in court. We have it thru my wifes office.

$95 a month seems kind of expensive but depending on the benefit I would look into it.

I am glad I have assets and family assets to get me some help in a defense of my rights. But then I would only fire on a person after I had already tried my best to handle it hand to hand or knife to knife first and shooting was my very last option-SD or HD. And it damn sure better be justified self defense and I be found innocent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom