Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not say
Well then, let us hear a legitimate argument that makes the Second Amendment moot. You must have one since you believe there is no validity left in the Second Amendment.

Woody
All I am saying is that Rights can be regulated. I do not like it, but that does not solve the issue.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They will put off much more than that too. Over 1500 bills introduced this year. Kinda impossible to hear them all.

Wouldn't it be nice to have one year where no new bills may be introduced? Just come in, make a budget, maybe discuss potential bills that may be introduced in the following year, and then gavel it closed. We probably could get by without an official state raptor, or inspirational song...

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not say

All I am saying is that Rights can be regulated. I do not like it, but that does not solve the issue.
Yes, some rights are regulate-able and can be done so by the very virtue of how they are crafted. Take freedom of speech for example. We have freedom of speech but not a right to free speech. If we had a right to free speech, there would be no consequence to lying, or perjury, or slander, etc.

We have the right to peaceably assemble. We can have laws that assure we assemble peaceably.

We have the right to be secure in our person, houses, papers and effects against unreasonable searches, but law can be passed that would outline that which is reasonable, and a warrant must be issued supported by probable cause, etc.

But, when it comes to the Second Amendment's protection of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, there is nothing in that amendment allowing any leeway whatsoever. It is absolute. It is unique in that standing.

All in government who pass law in violation of the Second Amendment are guilty of misprision. All in government who fail to remove such law are just as guilty of misprision as those who passed the unconstitutional law. All who enforce such law are guilty of misprision as well.

Woody

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, some rights are regulate-able and can be done so by the very virtue of how they are crafted. Take freedom of speech for example. We have freedom of speech but not a right to free speech. If we had a right to free speech, there would be no consequence to lying, or perjury, or slander, etc.

We have the right to peaceably assemble. We can have laws that assure we assemble peaceably.

We have the right to be secure in our person, houses, papers and effects against unreasonable searches, but law can be passed that would outline that which is reasonable, and a warrant must be issued supported by probable cause, etc.

But, when it comes to the Second Amendment's protection of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, there is nothing in that amendment allowing any leeway whatsoever. It is absolute. It is unique in that standing.

All in government who pass law in violation of the Second Amendment are guilty of misprision. All in government who fail to remove such law are just as guilty of misprision as those who passed the unconstitutional law. All who enforce such law are guilty of misprision as well.

Woody
Woody,
I wish it was so, but I think reality is different.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is because the House Rules do not coincide with the time limits and processes proscribed in the Oklahoma Constitution. Regardless of how many bills are introduced, ALL bill must be read in the full house once on three separate days and an up or down vote cast upon the third reading. The Oklahoma Constitution does not have any provisions for a bill to be heard within a committee(other that the committee of the whole) and quashed prior to being heard and voted upon in the full house. The Speaker of the House has no constitutional power to overlook a bill(not submit it to the full house for readings and a vote).Those bogus house rules 'grant' the speaker (and committees) more power that the governor when it comes to veto or quashing a bill. A bill vetoed by the governor must go back to each house for an up or down override vote before the bill is officially dead.

Our legislature is out of control. The Oklahoma Constitution means nothing to them. Lobby interests appear to have more control over the Oklahoma Legislature than the Oklahoma Constitution.

Woody
Lobbiest are what got ALL the 2A bills passed since 1994...mmmkay

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Woody

This is true, however, truth seems to change from time to time. If the Second Amendment was truly safe from alteration, there would be no need for OK2A, NRA, or any other lobbying groups. As we have seen in the last 100 years or so, politicians and judges have changed much of the legal landscape, regardless of original constitutional interpretations and we must stay alert in order to insure that 2A doesn't fall victim to the same socialization of our nation.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice to have one year where no new bills may be introduced? Just come in, make a budget, maybe discuss potential bills that may be introduced in the following year, and then gavel it closed. We probably could get by without an official state raptor, or inspirational song...

Texas can handle it in a much larger state with the legislature meeting every other year. This is a state question constitutional amendment I could get behind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom