Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the legislators are going to gavel in and gavel out this next week. Sine die. I hope they hear this last bill first but their main goal under constitutional law is to pass a budget which they did so they are going home early. Question is how early?
I've heard a few of them on the Chad Alexander show talk about doing just this.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They will put off much more than that too. Over 1500 bills introduced this year. Kinda impossible to hear them all.
This is because the House Rules do not coincide with the time limits and processes proscribed in the Oklahoma Constitution. Regardless of how many bills are introduced, ALL bill must be read in the full house once on three separate days and an up or down vote cast upon the third reading. The Oklahoma Constitution does not have any provisions for a bill to be heard within a committee(other that the committee of the whole) and quashed prior to being heard and voted upon in the full house. The Speaker of the House has no constitutional power to overlook a bill(not submit it to the full house for readings and a vote).Those bogus house rules 'grant' the speaker (and committees) more power that the governor when it comes to veto or quashing a bill. A bill vetoed by the governor must go back to each house for an up or down override vote before the bill is officially dead.

Our legislature is out of control. The Oklahoma Constitution means nothing to them. Lobby interests appear to have more control over the Oklahoma Legislature than the Oklahoma Constitution.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom