Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like it was OHP, but it's been so long now I don't want to swear to it.

It was Charlie Hanger IIRC. I heard he retired from OHP and became a County Sheriff. Don’t know if he still is or not.

I read that McVeigh had applied for Army Special Forces and didn’t make it. Disgruntled at the rejection he finished his hitch and left the Army. Supposedly he was photographed standing in the crowd of spectators when the Branch Davidian burned. That and being rejected by the SF and was said to be his motivation of the Okc bombing.

As I said, that is what I read from different sources and I don’t know if any is true or not.

There is one thing that still puzzles me to this day. He was stopped after the bombing. He was armed and knew he had nothing to lose if he was caught. When he was stopped, why didn’t he try to take out the Trooper and escape?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was Charlie Hanger IIRC. I heard he retired from OHP and became a County Sheriff. Don’t know if he still is or not.

I read that McVeigh had applied for Army Special Forces and didn’t make it. Disgruntled at the rejection he finished his hitch and left the Army. Supposedly he was photographed standing in the crowd of spectators when the Branch Davidian burned. That and being rejected by the SF and was said to be his motivation of the Okc bombing.

As I said, that is what I read from different sources and I don’t know if any is true or not.

There is one thing that still puzzles me to this day. He was stopped after the bombing. He was armed and knew he had nothing to lose if he was caught. When he was stopped, why didn’t he try to take out the Trooper and escape?

I think he thought he was gonna accomplish what David Koresch tried to start. He was absolutely convinced he was a martyr. I don't think he expected to get caught the way he did, but I also don't think he thought what he did deserved the death penalty.

If you will recall, he was within a half hour or so of being released, IIRC, when they figured out exactly who he was. The whole thing was a one unimaginable serendipitous event right after another, at it's finest, there for a few days.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last I heard at 5:00 a political guru that has been hanging with this whole process said that she has 115 bills on her desk to read and follow up on. That will take her some time even with the help of her aids.
I really see her signature being applied to this one. She's term limited and has already washed out in DC so I think this is her last go round and she isn't pandering to a continued career in politics. After the beating she's taken in OK, she doesn't stand much chance lol.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Side tracking a moment, I was at an NHRA drag race in Ennis, TX and watched McVeigh in his military garb BS the guy that sold drums of Nitromethane to the racers a year or so before he did his thing. He loaded up his hand cart he had brought with him and rolled it out of the immediate area, no one paid attention. Sad deal. I had gotten familiar with the sales guy while working on a car in earlier years, his wife was in bad health and he quit the circuit to stay home with her, I am sure he felt bad afterword.

OK, Understand this "The Gov is the Gov. The Gov will do what the Gov wants to do when the Gov gets ready to do it." Simple? Gov is not ready yet.

I do think it will get done, but next week sometime after some of the "blood in the streets" soccer moms get busy worrying if little Timmy is going to get a blue or pink participation trophy for wiping his behind at school.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The diversion which I was a part of is just us passing the time with no input from OKC which everyone is dying for any information on. I think it’s healthy and normal. Next, those of us who’ve been here a long while will debate the merits of peanut butter or what a ********* Rijas was. Anything to pass the time until we get a signature will do.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, like Woody said. This is how we got on the McVeigh topic. The opposition to SB1212 claims if this bill was law back in 1995 that McVeigh wouldn't have been captured.

Latest posts

Top Bottom