Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, I thought the lopsided vote was strange, given the political climate the last few years. Now, in retrospect, I also wonder if there weren't backdoor dealings going on.

Keep your eye on what kind of cushy appointments the soon-to-be-ex Governess ends up with.

Everyone knows serving in politics isn't the way to get rich - it's all the side deals, inside information (insider trading much?), people buying 100,000 copies of your ****** book (which probably sit in a warehouse or get burned or handed out free), connections to corporate America which lead to "consultant" positions that pay 7 figures, national and world tours with speaking engagements charging massive fees to read a speech someone else wrote (just like the Presidency), etc.

I guess I am one of those bitter old men.

BTW, is Warren Metcalf dead yet? He can follow Sue Tibbs, as far as I'm concerned.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Her lack of integrity in following though on her second amendment campaign promises is distressing. There is a real danger of her broken promise spilling over to ruin citizen's respect for their state legislators as well. Talk is cheap and eventually people stop believing empty rhetoric.

Nailed it again, Dale !

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, that's one ugly woman. [emoji15]
Yeah, something very wrong happened somewhere along the way...

M0ztEUZ.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're right there are those opposed to this that are not necessarily considered liberals but have become more liberal in their view of gun rights, and there are those that are supposedly gun people that want to severely restrict that right.

The founder/leader of ORA is an old retired LEO that happened to own a firearms training facility for many years in this county. (Idk if it is still open) I would guess he definitely has a bias towards having training requirements for civilians to carry, if he supports it at all.

We have many here at OSA that argue against open carry and constitutional carry. To me that is liberal thinking whether they consider themselves liberal or not.

I have lived here all my life and there is no doubt this state is becoming more liberal in general. That doesn't help when we try to get pro gun legislation passed.

We had a member appreciation luncheon and swap meet at the Ponca Gun range Saturday. Of course the veto issue came up.
I was totally shocked at the table I was sitting at that all but me agreed with the veto.
Stories of gun newbie mistakes, and so on kept coming up with admonishments that anybody wanting to constitutional carry should have some training before being allowed to do so.
No matter my protests that the 2A doesn't say that, I couldn't get it past them that the founders didn't write in that training had to be allowed before you could own or possess a firearm, nor that the 12 other states that have constitutional carry have not experience any of the perceived misgivings of the group I was with.
I was pretty disappointed.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We had a member appreciation luncheon and swap meet at the Ponca Gun range Saturday. Of course the veto issue came up.
I was totally shocked at the table I was sitting at that all but me agreed with the veto.
Stories of gun newbie mistakes, and so on kept coming up with admonishments that anybody wanting to constitutional carry should have some training before being allowed to do so.
No matter my protests that the 2A doesn't say that, I couldn't get it past them that the founders didn't write in that training had to be allowed before you could own or possess a firearm, nor that the 12 other states that have constitutional carry have not experience any of the perceived misgivings of the group I was with.
Sign of the times.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It’s very frustrating isn’t it? Nobody in their right mind would argue that training isn’t a good idea but government mandated is a completely different argument. It’s like punishing negligence never occurs to them. I’d argue that if there were real consequences for negligent mishaps people might actually question their ability and either get that training or not carry. I know, it’s a heavy lift that common sense is... :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After the attitude exhibited by Mary Fallin regarding Oklahoma Teachers, I am not surprised that she is more motivated by unseen political goals than by ethics or patriotic ideology. During the course of her governorship, she has become more characterized by hubris than by love or a sense of stewardship for the welfare of the citizens of Oklahoma. I pray that she will not ultimately do too much harm the conservative political heritage of our state.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After the attitude exhibited by Mary Fallin regarding Oklahoma Teachers, I am not surprised that she is more motivated by unseen political goals than by ethics or patriotic ideology. During the course of her governorship, she has become more characterized by hubris than by love or a sense of stewardship for the welfare of the citizens of Oklahoma. I pray that she will not ultimately do too much harm the conservative political heritage of our state.

There’s some definite damage done already. I saw in some discussion on Facebook on a OK2A post about Todd Lamb not returning their survey a great deal of skepticism and many people asking how they could believe him when he said he’d sign this bill if he were governor since Fallon said the same. He responded (or his reps) and was questioned about his stance before her veto. He provided documentation that he was on record prior to the veto. There was definitely skepticism even after his responses. He’s taking heat for courting the NRA and seemingly ignoring OK2A.

I don’t know what his beef is with OK2A but he answered some questions directly tonight and it satisfied some but definitely not all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom