Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Representative replied to my email inquires as to his take on the governor's veto. He offered no hope of a special session and instead is looking to the next legislative session and a new governor.

I know little about the governor and do not like to dwell on her (or anyone else's) apparent personal failings. I heard her speak while she was Lt. Governor and was impressed with her stage presence and communication skill.

Her lack of integrity in following though on her second amendment campaign promises is distressing. There is a real danger of her broken promise spilling over to ruin citizen's respect for their state legislators as well. Talk is cheap and eventually people stop believing empty rhetoric.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Representative replied to my email inquires as to his take on the governor's veto. He offered no hope of a special session and instead is looking to the next legislative session and a new governor.
There ya go. A political statement by a politician that says nothing.
By GOD he tried and the danged Gov screwed us!!!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It just goes to show how liberal this state is becoming. Sad state of affairs.

The "Fud" factor was just as strong as the liberal factor in this case. There are loads of other wise right-leaning folks that just can't wrap their brains around actual liberty. We've been constrained for so long, it's like a lifetime inmate getting out of jail and wanting to go back in because he can't function with all the freedom LOL. That doesn't make them libs, it just means they are misguided.

Heck, the fuds in the ORA opposed Open Carry legislation back in 2011, so they aren't "becoming" anything. They are just doing what they've been doing for a long time!

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck, the fuds in the ORA opposed Open Carry legislation back in 2011, so they aren't "becoming" anything. They are just doing what they've been doing for a long time!

The "Fudds" are just like the scorpion in the story of the scorpion and the frog: you knew what they were before you ever started.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The "Fud" factor was just as strong as the liberal factor in this case. There are loads of other wise right-leaning folks that just can't wrap their brains around actual liberty. We've been constrained for so long, it's like a lifetime inmate getting out of jail and wanting to go back in because he can't function with all the freedom LOL. That doesn't make them libs, it just means they are misguided.

You're right there are those opposed to this that are not necessarily considered liberals but have become more liberal in their view of gun rights, and there are those that are supposedly gun people that want to severely restrict that right.

The founder/leader of ORA is an old retired LEO that happened to own a firearms training facility for many years in this county. (Idk if it is still open) I would guess he definitely has a bias towards having training requirements for civilians to carry, if he supports it at all.

We have many here at OSA that argue against open carry and constitutional carry. To me that is liberal thinking whether they consider themselves liberal or not.

I have lived here all my life and there is no doubt this state is becoming more liberal in general. That doesn't help when we try to get pro gun legislation passed.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, 'regulate' does not mean to limit or prohibit.

Woody
Woody,
In the end, my wife and I have 9 more years left on our permits, which means for the next 9 years this Bill would not effect my home. We spent $300 on lawn related items yesterday. The taxes I pay on shooting, hunting, and fishing related items far exceeds the $20 a year the permit cost.
However, it still PISSES ME OFF that I have to pay a tax to enjoy a God given Right, in a nation where I am suppose to be free.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right there are those opposed to this that are not necessarily considered liberals but have become more liberal in their view of gun rights, and there are those that are supposedly gun people that want to severely restrict that right.

The founder/leader of ORA is an old retired LEO that happened to own a firearms training facility for many years in this county. (Idk if it is still open) I would guess he definitely has a bias towards having training requirements for civilians to carry, if he supports it at all.

We have many here at OSA that argue against open carry and constitutional carry. To me that is liberal thinking whether they consider themselves liberal or not.

I have lived here all my life and there is no doubt this state is becoming more liberal in general. That doesn't help when we try to get pro gun legislation passed.
I agree, in Oklahoma Constitutional Carry is liberal political issue. What the problem with ORA is the fact that the members of OSA did not organize and lobby for our Rights.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

I remember watching the OC debates on the house floor and one of the Reps warning about how dangerous it would be to law enforcement was a former OHP trooper I used to know who retired and went into politics. I really liked him as a trooper, then I saw him arguing how I (as 'the public') couldn't be trusted with Open Carry and lost all respect for him. Really pathetic.

I hate where this country is headed. :(

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I was surprised to see the vote was so much in favor of this bill in both the house and the senate. When she didn't sign it right away I knew that was not good news.

It sure makes me think this was just a ruse to make certain legislators look good.

I knew of her back in my high school days and didn't like her then and never liked the fact that she was involved in state politics.

More than ever I'm glad I got my permit from AZ. It was less expensive and I only had to wait three weeks to get it. It also only cost $40 to renew every five years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom