Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably 90% or more of the people commenting in this thread will not be affected much whether the bill becomes law or not in that they, like myself, likely have the Oklahoma handgun license. I believe the bill embodies the right of the people that has existed since the creation of human life and is guaranteed by the 2nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution and has systematically been eroded.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amen. If it is Constitutional Carry, then having special exemptions or "more rights" built into the bill just for veterans is incongruous and pandering.

Contrary to popular belief, your average 18 year old Private, Airman, or Seaman Apprentice has little to no firearms experience or training beyond that which occurs in a very tightly controlled environment with direct, overlord like, and risk averse supervision. They have even less experience or training in the handling and carrying of those firearms in a public environment. Even those in the combat arms fields are given very little exposure in regards to carrying and handling a firearm in a permissive and civil environment, outside of the constructs of a military conflict....especially not fresh out of AIT grunts.

Some 18 year old Army vehicle mechanic or Infantryman has no more right or need to carry a pistol for self defense off base than does an 18 year old single mother working shift in a crappy part of town to pay her bills.

Very true. I’ve talked to and worked with an air force vet that trained marching with wood replicas of firearms. They only advanced to the real deal if going into a field that required weapons.
Technicians, avionics, etc just went on to tech school training from what I was told by a co-worker that was an AF vet.
Any AF vets on here to verify?

MosinMann

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This could be tragic..... For us and her political career. I wrote a pretty long letter and intend to call tomorrow. I emailed her chief of staff because the contact for us too short. I also wrote a note in the contact for that I sent said email. I have not read through the thread, so just in case it has jot been posted, I believe her Chief of a staff is Denise Northrup. She can be contacted at: [email protected]

Keep on ‘em guys!!
It's Chris Benge now according to the interwebs. https://ballotpedia.org/Chris_Benge

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If any of y'all have never hung out at the CO-OP and listened to the 'ol boys talk you really should do it once in your life. There is more knowledge and BS spread there to fertilize my little ranch twice over. But the one thing I have heard over and over is that "these young folks just don't get it" and "this Country is going backwards". These fellas been around a while i assure you. Most of them are in their 80s and going strong. Darn near every one of them has a pistol in their truck, and I mean everyone of them. The Sheriffs Deputies know that and so does everyone else. Part of farming and ranching is killing and scaring off predators, nothing new there at all. I bet I am one of about 3 have actually have an SDA card. These 'ol boys just think it's funny as hell that the Left thinks they can control who carries a gun, heck they have done it all their lives. Just a bit of perspective for ya from the middle of nowhere.

I hang out at the COOP a lot on occasion. Your right as rain. I still have and use the S&W revo that my ranch foreman buddy/mentor carried on his hip or on the dash when driving the pickup around. Lots of varmints shot out the window.
Later on I’ve open carried on the farm when LEO and GW stopped by formally or informally when it was supposedly illegal. Nothing said.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still think (and hope) because this is a "controversial" item, she will take the Bills in order, not make anything special one way or the other and when it comes up in line, just sign it. Like many here, many of the Anti's have backed off the heat of the moment and are just on hold and will go with the flow.

Only the hard core ones are still participating on both sides. In a couple days "Oh yea, constitutional carry got past also along with a bunch of other boring stuff." will be on the news. Well, not really, this will get special coverage so people know to wear their rubber boots for "blood in the streets" type comments. Most of us will continue the SDA permitting system to travel to other states. Someday we might all get together and get reciprocity on some of those. JMO

I wonder how the average LEO that stops what might be an average Joe looking guy that has a loaded firearm in his seat or is found somehow will know whether that average Joe looking guy is legal to have it or not without a NCIS check? They might have to add or rename another category of "Not Allowed" in their computer database that brings up tag numbers like they have for the ones that do have SDA licenses.

Myself, I intend to flip mine out with my DL like usual (yes a few times) just to hope help him feel comfortable. I may get a speeding ticket I deserve, but I appreciate all they do. Not a job I would consider for me.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how the average LEO that stops what might be an average Joe looking guy that has a loaded firearm in his seat or is found somehow will know whether that average Joe looking guy is legal to have it or not without a NCIS check? They might have to add or rename another category of "Not Allowed" in their computer database that brings up tag numbers like they have for the ones that do have SDA licenses.
How about "dude's not bothering anybody, and didn't come back with warrants, so I'll leave him alone?" Is "individual liberty" one of the possible options?

Latest posts

Top Bottom