Convince me to buy something other than a Glock 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recommend Jimenez.
I have one far sale, talk about a fine work of art.
I've always wanted to try a VP9, but didn't ever look hard enough to see that they had a more compact version. Interesting...
I love my VP9, it fits beautifully in my hand and shoots like a dream. I know a lot of people hate it, but personally love the paddle mag release over the button, it allows my short sausage fingers to drop the mag without changing my grip. If I was in the market for it, I would get the SK in a heartbeat.

with that being said though, I’ve really taken to a hankering for the 19 recently. Held a 19x the other day and almost bought it. Really nice firearm. Carried a 48 for the past year or so and I really like it too. Never thought I would turn into a glock fan.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My vote is to stay with Glock but instead of the G19 try the G48. Same basic height and length as the 19 but slimmer and with the Shield Arms Magazines you can still carry 15+1.

If not the G48, I would choose to try the Shield Plus.

Good luck with your choice.
I might try that out... I tried the 43x with those mags and loved shooting it. It didn't have enough slide to conceal well for me. Kind of tilted outwards. I had the same issue with the Sig P365s.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SAR B6. Ultra reliable, 28 oz., 17 rds., under 300 bucks. Unless you're a gun snob.
I prefer the term gun nerd, but price isn't always indicative of quality. That B6 looks like many higher end guns and is probably a steal at $300. May be something I pick up if I ever saw one used around.

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am the worst about selling and trading guns way more than I should and I traded my carry gun for a rifle a few weeks back. I have tried a P320, P365, M&P 2.0, and even a Staccato C2 DUO. I keep going back to a Glock 19 as just feels nice and is at a reasonable price range. Any handgun over $1000 is nice but I have trouble holding onto it when I know I can have a nice rifle set up for that price. A Glock 19 size is the sweet spot for me that actually seems to conceal better (with a quality holster/belt) than the 365s or Shields that I've owned. Would not be against trying other guns in a similar size and price range because as I mentioned before, I don't mind trading/selling.

Particularly interested in trying the midsize FN MRD 509 (15rds) and the CZ P07. I know there are others out there in the same boat as I am and always end up wanting a Glock for carry, even after experiencing more expensive guns. Really just wanting to hear what other people here think.
Have you ever shot a Hi-power? Look at the NEW Springfield SA-35. A lot of improvements over the original. I believe I will try to procure one when funds allow. They even have a first responders price. It is sweeet…. Has 15 rd mags, and life warranty.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
SAR B6. Ultra reliable, 28 oz., 17 rds., under 300 bucks. Unless you're a gun snob.
94C578A7-01EB-4C0A-B591-B7F8F0C543CC.jpeg
I dunno if I’m a fan of the features…..

Latest posts

Top Bottom