Copperhead Bites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a buttload of copperheads out here in the boonies of NE OK. I have ran over 2 slithering demons on our road already this year (not sure what type, I didn't stop to look), but haven't seen any in the yard yet....*knocking on simulated wood*.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my daughters was bit on the foot while wearing flip flops by a copperhead last year. She was a couple three weeks recovering, and I think all totaled, there was about 50 thousand dollars worth of hospital bills. Which her insurance thankfully paid.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope it's not a bad year too. I am a little worried though as we used to have a bunch of big black snakes but late last summers draught ran them off I think. As a result we have some mice and now I'm afraid lots of copperheads. I'm a believer in good snakes like black snakes to keep the mice and other snakes eaten out of the yard. Granted, a 6-7 foot long black snake can scare the crap out of you sometimes.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate copperheads. My grandma told me when she was little they had a golden retriever named butterball and he hated copperheads. He would shake them until their head tore off.

Last edited:

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_20140412_105928.jpg I shot this under my back porch the other day...

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Timely reminder it is that time of year again.

Our new pup loves to run in the woods. I suspect he'll show with a big welp on his head soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom