Abandoned dogs on deathbed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG
I was working in a neighborhood on the south side of Shawnee today when I came across two dogs. One was a pitbull female that has recently had pups. The other is some kind of mix I think. He is younger and has a long black face and long hair. I didn't get a picture of him. The yard they were in was about a foot tall and there was trash piled up everywhere and even a mattress on the side of the house. I called animal control and they told me that they have been out to inspect the dogs and they believe they were left there and the people moved. Then he tells me they can't take the dogs because they are too full. I tried to find another place that would help these poor things but I wasn't able to. They look like they haven't ate in days and have fleas and ticks everywhere. The pit has soars on her legs and on her back. I can see her bones everywhere she is so skinny. She was very scared of me when I approached. I went to the store and bought some dog food to give to them. She would barely come to me to eat it. I found a bowl and gave it to her to eat. She went to it immediately. The other one I was able to pet. I have a lot of dogs and don't need anymore but I am having a hard time leaving them there to die. I can almost guarantee that at the very least they have heart worms. Do you guys know of anyone that would help these dogs out down here? It is breaking my heart sitting here thinking about them. Also, these pictures don't fully represent how bad this girl looks. It's awful. Thanks.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, I'm gonna get all kinds of grief for this but if you can't take them, and you've tried all the "do-gooders" and they won't step up, then you need to go ahead and do the right thing and put them out of their misery.

This kind of stuff infuriates me. (Not you. I know you are doing everything you can to NOT kill them and that is honorable but leaving them behind hoping someone else will handle this is NOT the right thing to do.) They WILL suffer a slow, very agonizing death. I don't even know how many animals I've euthanized in my lifetime ... or shot and killed ... because people ****ing suck.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know there was a woman who was battling the Shawnee animal shelter recently since they were one of the last kill shelters around. She wants to save everything and keeps them till they find a home.

You might try getting ahold of the lady in this video with the Friends of Shawnee Animals, she could probably help you find somebody..

Here's another video that mentions the Humane society, she could probably help you find somebody as well.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, I'm gonna get all kinds of grief for this but if you can't take them, and you've tried all the "do-gooders" and they won't step up, then you need to go ahead and do the right thing and put them out of their misery.

This kind of stuff infuriates me. (Not you. I know you are doing everything you can to NOT kill them and that is honorable but leaving them behind hoping someone else will handle this is NOT the right thing to do.) They WILL suffer a slow, very agonizing death. I don't even know how many animals I've euthanized in my lifetime ... or shot and killed ... because people ****ing suck.
I won't just leave them. Tomorrow morning I am gonna call my vet and hopefully they will let me bring them in. If they can save them then I may bring them home at least until I can find a home for them. I guarantee they would ne great dogs. Especially after what they have been through. Out of my 4 dogs I have now 2 were strays and my shitzu was my brother in laws and my pit i bought. My other two strays died. I took three in and two died of parvo and the third made it. He has been about as good a dog as you could ever want. Thr people that did this deserve to be euthanized.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know there was a woman who was battling the Shawnee animal shelter recently since they were one of the last kill shelters around. She wants to save everything and keeps them till they find a home.

You might try getting ahold of the lady in this video with the Friends of Shawnee Animals, she could probably help you find somebody..

Here's another video that mentions the Humane society, she could probably help you find somebody as well.
I found this places phone number and when I called I got a recorded message and the dude was saying they can't accept anymore dogs and basically to not bug them with questions to just search the internet. What the F is wrong with people?? A town this big and we have a horrible shelter and no credible rescues. Too bad Vialobos rescue center wasn't here.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I agree. The best thing you can do for them is to take them to a vet and have them euthanized. You can shoot them If you know what you're doing, but unless you can find a place for them or want to take them in yourself, that's the reality. That's why people need to spay and neuter their pets. There are way more strays out there than we'll ever be able to realistically help.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I lived in Miami-Dade County in Florida there were so many stray dogs that literally the day after they came in they couldn't get rid of them they euthanize and pile them up. Literally there just weren't enough resources to take care of all these stray dogs. That's why I believe every dog should be spayed and neutered

Latest posts

Top Bottom