Abandoned dogs on deathbed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't just leave them. Tomorrow morning I am gonna call my vet and hopefully they will let me bring them in. If they can save them then I may bring them home at least until I can find a home for them. I guarantee they would ne great dogs. Especially after what they have been through. Out of my 4 dogs I have now 2 were strays and my shitzu was my brother in laws and my pit i bought. My other two strays died. I took three in and two died of parvo and the third made it. He has been about as good a dog as you could ever want. Thr people that did this deserve to be euthanized.

I agree completely. God, I hate people sometimes.

I gotta admit I've been trying to figure out a way to come get them. But I dropped $400 on my two last week. Between that and the $300 check the plumber cashed and I am tapped out for the rest of the month. Plus, I'm pretty sure the old man would KILL me ... :bah:

If you can't find anyone to take them and wind up handling this yourself, I'd be glad to chip in on the vet bill. Just PM me and I'll do what I can.

I gotta say I'm kinda glad you guys didn't rip me a new one for my post. It's just I'll shoot a dog -- or cat -- or anything else -- and feel guilty and cry myself to sleep for a month before I'll leave an animal to suffer. I've never left an animal to be euthanized either. I stay til the bitter end. Because I know in my heart of hearts THEY know. ****, now I'm gonna start crying DAMMIT ...

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree completely. God, I hate people sometimes.

I gotta admit I've been trying to figure out a way to come get them. But I dropped $400 on my two last week. Between that and the $300 check the plumber cashed and I am tapped out for the rest of the month. Plus, I'm pretty sure the old man would KILL me ... :bah:

If you can't find anyone to take them and wind up handling this yourself, I'd be glad to chip in on the vet bill. Just PM me and I'll do what I can.

I gotta say I'm kinda glad you guys didn't rip me a new one for my post. It's just I'll shoot a dog -- or cat -- or anything else -- and feel guilty and cry myself to sleep for a month before I'll leave an animal to suffer. I've never left an animal to be euthanized either. I stay til the bitter end. Because I know in my heart of hearts THEY know. ****, now I'm gonna start crying DAMMIT ...

I have no problem putting dogs down. sometimes it's necessary.

better than needless suffering.

if you're willing to adopt these dogs and take on their problems yourself, i have admiration for that.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no problem putting dogs down. sometimes it's necessary.

better than needless suffering.

if you're willing to adopt these dogs and take on their problems yourself, i have admiration for that.

Honest to God if I wasn't married it would be like the Russian cat lady here ... except it would be dogs ... I've already got one who followed me home from the lake a few years back. My GSD is a shutzhund training washout. He is a poodle in a German Shepherd's body. I would take them in a heartbeat if I wasn't married to a grumpy old fart.

I'm like you. I'd rather seen them dispatched humanely than know I walked away leaving them to suffer. I hope Tony finds them a good home. One thing I have learned over the years about abandoned dogs -- they will be either the best pet you have ever had or the worst, depending on the trauma they have suffered and how it has affected them. This fella that followed me home from the lake came "this" close to being euthanized last year because of his behavioral issues. It's a good thing for him I'm not your typical pet owner. I FINALLY figured out how to make him understand that certain behaviors were not acceptable. It was as simple as handfeeding him a high value treat twice a day -- but making him work for it. I smell like dog food all the time now but that's okay because I'm usually covered with dog hair anyway. :blush:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TonyKane, you have a good heart and a love for dogs! My hat is permanently off to you for what you are trying to do for these dogs.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went by to get the dogs and the pit was gone. I looked everywhere and couldn't find her. Someone came by and mowed the front yard and picked up a little bit but the pit wasn't there. The other one was so I took her. She is at my house right now and I'm taking her to the vet when I get off. I'm gonna save her if she doesn't have something major wrong. My sister said she would take her. Either way she ain't suffering anymore. I just can't stop thinking about the pit. I hope someone came and took her and she is ok. I still can't get her out of my mind. Saddest thing on earth.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live semi-rural. Far out enough that I'm not inside any city limits, but close enough that jacka##es dump dogs.
Years ago I discovered a dog that was quite literally on deaths door. It could barely stand, much less walk, and I swear that if I had poked it it would have fallen over.
I took it in, and it turned out to be a Rat Terrier. Very loyal, an excellent mouser, and probably the most intelligent dog I have ever lived with.

One thing never changed, if a stranger approached that dog's foodbowl, said stranger was in for a bad time. Rat Terriers are very, very quick, and have strong bites.
I would warn visitors to stay away from the foodbowl.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the worst happened. I had to put her to sleep. Broke my heart. I still struggle with doing it but I had to. At least she got to be loved and have a home for a couple of days. I stayed with her till the end. Held her in my arms as they put her to sleep. Brought her home and burried her in my back yard.

Attachments

• IMG_1205.JPG
    IMG_1205.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 120

Latest posts

Top Bottom