Cost of Fertilizer and It's Impact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Grant County Oklahoma alone produces enough wheat to provide for the entire state of Oklahoma. The US produces a lot of wheat. If the folks in Washington would just let the USA provide for the USA in every aspect, from food to energy, we'd all be in a better place. Exports would be icing on the cake.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What filbert said. Russia produces a lot of fertilizer/components. They had an export ban for the past 6 months and they extended it through spring.

People need to wake up and realize there are countries that want to do harm to us…. Without firing a shot at us the will wage war with us economicly….and currently it appears our .gov isn’t willing to stand up for our interests.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just spoke with my brother that is a farmer and branch manager of AgRx. He told me fertilizer and all other ag chems are already up about 100% and they have been notified by suppliers to expect up to a 200% increase in the coming months. Many of the smaller farms are not going to be putting in crops in his area as they will lose money. It does not take much of an education to deduce the impact on produce and meat prices that are coming this summer. We actually do feed the world and this will result in famines overseas and shortages here as well. He is advising folks to plant victory gardens and can their goods. I freeze dry most of my stuff that I put up. Also buy grains, beans, sugar, and honey in bulk now before the panic buying starts. A little each trip. Any thoughts?
Corn producers have gone soybean due to input cost.

Latest posts

Top Bottom