Cost to process a deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okieshootist

Marksman
Reaction score
Talk to Rusty at Tonkawa Meat Processing. $70 including skinning for basic hambuger, chops, steaks and roasts. Saugage is extra. I have used him as a check station and butcher for at least six years. He does excellent work.

Clean Harry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only processer I have been to was Larry's in Union City. Unfortunately I wasn't dropping off a deer I shot. I was deciding should I shoot the doe in my crosshairs or let her pass when I heard a gunshot in the distance. That gunshot produced the deer that went to the processer. When I looked back the doe I was about to shoot was gone like a fart in the wind.

Larry's in Union City does a real good job. I get more percentage of meat when he does it than anywhere else. He has gone up in price, pushing a 100 dollar bill now. I do my own if I have the time and it's cold enough I can take my time. Hot weather, I take it in.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talk to Rusty at Tonkawa Meat Processing. $70 including skinning for basic hambuger, chops, steaks and roasts. Saugage is extra. I have used him as a check station and butcher for at least six years. He does excellent work.

Rusty has done my deer since he has been in business. Great place, and he does a great job:D

Ram_Tough_Truck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ours is $75-$90 any size deer.

Sam's in Okay Oklahoma

Do they charge to skin them? And how long does it take to get your meat back? I've never done this and will be hunting near there and need to find a place to use. Do you just drop them of field dressed?

Sam's does not extra charge to skin. Drop them off field dressed. Takes 7-14 days. $75 gets you hamburger, steak, roasts. $90 gets you special cuts, italian sausage, breakfast sausage, summer sausage, jerky etc.

Milezc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ill check with a girl I know that just graduated with a degree from OSU in taxidermy. She's here in OKC and I'm sure she'd do it cheap just to get some business and experience going. Ill let you guys know what she says.

Latest posts

Top Bottom