Could this be a natural spring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plant ya some cedar trees around it, they’ll suck up the moisture real quick. 😁😁

And yes I’m kidding about this.
You're not kidding, when I was teenager I came home a little intoxicated. Dad wasn't impressed and the next morning woke me up at 4:30am loaded the truck with saws, axes and chains. Delivered me to a dry creek bed that used to be spring fed, then commenced to tell me that he wanted every cedar tree taken out. There was dang near a hundred. Well worked all weekend got some of them cut and most dug out. Three days later we had a spring fed creek flowing again. Dad said he would have never thought that it would flow again, he was just making me pay for getting drunk.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd really hesitate to get any governmental agency involved as the could claim it to be wetlands and you do nothing to correct it or stop it.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i deal place for a sand point well??? or dig a spring fed pond? the wetlands or wotus only returned to pre obama status so the close proximity to a lake could have tremendous consequences with the corps of engineers.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will never request help from the government. Lol. They would send one of their “experts” to inform me that they have no idea what’s going on but I owe more in taxes. The scariest thing you can hear is “I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”

I was thinking about using it as a sand point well. I did more digging and as I get lower the water starts flowing pretty fast. As soon as it gets back pressure when the hole fills, it stops.

The other thing I was thinking is to put in a drainage from that point to our little creek. It’s dry most of the year except for when it rains. Maybe I could get a little babbling brook out of it.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're not kidding, when I was teenager I came home a little intoxicated. Dad wasn't impressed and the next morning woke me up at 4:30am loaded the truck with saws, axes and chains. Delivered me to a dry creek bed that used to be spring fed, then commenced to tell me that he wanted every cedar tree taken out. There was dang near a hundred. Well worked all weekend got some of them cut and most dug out. Three days later we had a spring fed creek flowing again. Dad said he would have never thought that it would flow again, he was just making me pay for getting drunk.

Did you ever get drunk again? Or just make sure dad never found out?

Latest posts

Top Bottom